Stainless Steel Tubing

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

bike2brew
Homebrewer

Stainless Steel Tubing

#1 Post by bike2brew » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:46 am

I'm looking for a piece of stainless steel tubing about 2' to 3' long with a outside diameter of 1/4". Does anybody have any ideas where I could find something like that?
Thanks.
Support Independent Craft Breweries.

Bill
Brewmaster

#2 Post by Bill » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Ace hardware has SS tubing. It's always a pain in the ass to find, it's always in a different place in every store, and every time I ask an employee if they carry it they say 'No'.

It's usually near the plumbing section in a stand-alone rack with the aluminum tubing. I've walked passed it several times before I noticed it, so be alert. The stand was only 2 or so feet across and about 4 or 5 feet high.

The lengths will probably be more than you want, but a pipe cutter should remedy that.

It's been several months since I bought mine, so good luck!
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us

Joe Yoder
Brewmaster

#3 Post by Joe Yoder » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:19 am

I bought a stainless racking tube at B&B sometime back. A tubing cutter could get rid of the bend. If you can't find it anywhere else that would be a good option.
Joe

bike2brew
Homebrewer

#4 Post by bike2brew » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Joe Yoder wrote:I bought a stainless racking tube at B&B sometime back. A tubing cutter could get rid of the bend. If you can't find it anywhere else that would be a good option.
Joe
I've have a SS racking cane and it's 3/8" OD and what I would like to get is 1/4" OD. I want to be able to attach an aeration stone to the end of the SS tubing using a short piece of 1/4" ID vinyl tubing.
Support Independent Craft Breweries.

fergmeister
Brewmaster

#5 Post by fergmeister » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Why don't you use copper
Opportunity favors the prepared mind