14 Gal fermentation barrels

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

Snowman
Homebrewer

14 Gal fermentation barrels

#1 Post by Snowman » Wed May 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Some of you may have seen the barrels that Andy and I have been fermenting 10 gallon batches in...If not they are 14 gallon food grade HDPE barrels and are well made. To purchase these new the best price I have found is $37 plus an insame amount of shipping per barrel. I recently found a limited supply of them used. I purchased a number of them and have them forsale at $10 per barrel...Don't worry I'm only making a few dollar to cover gas ect to mess with it. If your interested send me a PM.

They are air tight and the whole top comes out of them for cleaning. They make excellent grain storage containers too. I'll try and bring one to the meeting so you can see what they are.

A few benefits to using these barrels: You don't have to split your batch into two fermentors, You clean one fermentor and it's totally open on top, you get the same result for the entire 10 gallons not well one's a little different than the other type of thing. They probably wouldn't break if you dropped them...no gaurantee. Plenty of other uses that I haven't listed.

Jarrell

Blktre
BrewLegend

#2 Post by Blktre » Fri May 12, 2006 11:19 am

I like these things. Like them better than carboys, way better than buckets, totally air tight, i like them better than my hi dollar conical i just had to have.......nice price too......
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

rob

#3 Post by rob » Fri May 12, 2006 12:10 pm

Are these what you are using?

Blktre
BrewLegend

#4 Post by Blktre » Fri May 12, 2006 12:18 pm

Nope.....heres what we are using.....but i do remember the uncertianty with the ridge inside the one you have posted.....

Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough