Grain Swaps

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

JMcG
Brewmaster

Re: Grain Swaps

#31 Post by JMcG » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Looking for 1-2 lbs Pale chocolate malt. I've tried it in a couple of batches and like the toasty flavor and color with some roastiness, but no burnt quality.
jim

klickcue
Brewmaster

#32 Post by klickcue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm

JMcG wrote:Looking for 1-2 lbs Pale chocolate malt. I've tried it in a couple of batches and like the toasty flavor and color with some roastiness, but no burnt quality.
jim
I can loan you a couple pounds of PALE, Jim.
Have Fun!

Chris

JMcG
Brewmaster

#33 Post by JMcG » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks Chris. Art and Rob have fixed me up for now.
jim

Matt
Uberbrewer

#34 Post by Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 am

I've decided, if it's possible to pull together some missing ingredients, to come full-circle on my Brewfest beer and re-make the very first beer I took to Brewfest so many moons ago. But I don't have any Golden Promise on hand.

Does anyone have any they can part with until the next bulk buy? I'm looking for about 33 lbs, which I realize is a lot, but I'd rather not pay retail unless I have to. Will give a good price for it though.

I'm planning to brew this Saturday (20th). Anybody out there that can help me out?

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

Matt
Uberbrewer

#35 Post by Matt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I've had one person offer to sell me 12 lbs of Thomas Fawcett Golden Promise, but if I can't get the rest together, there's really no point in trying to do this particular beer. Anybody think they could help make up the difference? I'm looking to get a total of 33lbs of Golden Promise, so I need another 21lbs.

EDIT: I've opted to make a different beer instead, which is already happily fermenting away. Thanks anyway to those who tried to help. I no longer need this swap.

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

Matt
Uberbrewer

#36 Post by Matt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:12 am

I'm planning to attempt a clone of Stone's Arrogant Bastard. I'm looking for 7-10 oz of Chinook (depending on AA%) and 2.5 lbs of Special B.

Anyone have some they'd be willing to trade for? Cash is also an option, of course.

I've got Mt. Hood pellets, 2-row Pale and chocolate malt to trade.

I want to brew soon while the weather is still good, so I'm hoping someone local has what I need, so I won't lose days to shipping.

Let me know...
Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

Blktre
BrewLegend

#37 Post by Blktre » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:15 am

I've got Special B somewhere in my pile...Lol....
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

Matt
Uberbrewer

#38 Post by Matt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:59 pm

EDIT: By the time I tracked down the yeast I needed as well, it was easier to just toss the 3lbs of Special B and 7oz of Chinook I needed on the order and have it all shipped to my house, as opposed to driving all over creation to pick stuff up.

Thanks anyway, Andy! I really appreciate it.

(original post below)

Thanks Andy. What would you want for a few pounds?

Anybody got Chinook hops?

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

Matt
Uberbrewer

#39 Post by Matt » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm looking for some Cara-Pils, Cascade hops, and English Ale Yeast (preferably White Labs 002).

I don't need more than 6oz of Cara-Pils, but I need about 9.5oz (or equivalent) of Cascade hops (5.5AA).

I have the following to trade: 2-Row Pale, Chocolate, Roasted Barley and Caramel 60L.

Anyone able to do some trading? If you don't need anything I have, I'll pay a fair price. Would rather get local, especially if it can be brought to the next club meeting (6/14).

Hoping to do a light pale ale with my Dad for Father's Day that weekend, if I can pull this together.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

Joe Yoder
Brewmaster

#40 Post by Joe Yoder » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 am

Matt, I have some Dextrine malt, which I understand to be the equivalent to Cara Pils. If you want me to bring some to the meeting let me know.
Joe

Matt
Uberbrewer

#41 Post by Matt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Joe Yoder wrote:Matt, I have some Dextrine malt, which I understand to be the equivalent to Cara Pils. If you want me to bring some to the meeting let me know.
Joe
Thanks Joe! Yes, they are equivalents. Would really appreciate that. See you then.

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

nickolai.schmidt
Little Beer

#42 Post by nickolai.schmidt » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Matt wrote:I'm looking for some Cara-Pils, Cascade hops, and English Ale Yeast (preferably White Labs 002).

I don't need more than 6oz of Cara-Pils, but I need about 9.5oz (or equivalent) of Cascade hops (5.5AA).

I have the following to trade: 2-Row Pale, Chocolate, Roasted Barley and Caramel 60L.

Anyone able to do some trading? If you don't need anything I have, I'll pay a fair price. Would rather get local, especially if it can be brought to the next club meeting (6/14).

Hoping to do a light pale ale with my Dad for Father's Day that weekend, if I can pull this together.

Thanks,
Matt
I believe I have the hops you need I'd rather sell them or maybe trade for other hops

Matt
Uberbrewer

#43 Post by Matt » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

Sorry, I should have posted... I have been offered the Cara-Pils and hops I need. (Thanks again, guys.)

All I need now is the yeast, so I can get it stepped up. But I'll probably have to drive to KC for that. I'm willing to substitute if someone has something similar I can steal a bit of. If I get it Thursday, I can have it propped up sufficiently by Sunday, I hope.

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

nickolai.schmidt
Little Beer

#44 Post by nickolai.schmidt » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 am

it's cool just thought I'd offer

Matt
Uberbrewer

#45 Post by Matt » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:29 pm

nickolai.schmidt wrote:it's cool just thought I'd offer
Thanks. I do appreciate it.

If you want to bring some Cascade to the meeting anyway, I've got some Mt. Hood pellets I would be happy to trade. It'd be nice to have a greater variety on hand than I do now.

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing