3 CO2 Tanks

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

rushrich
Homebrewer

3 CO2 Tanks

#1 Post by rushrich » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:52 pm

An auction site I look at for brewing supplies has a lot of 3 CO2 tanks. The price (which I am sure will go up) is only 17.50 now which is a steal. I would love to bid, but you have to pick it up the night of the auction and I am busy.

Just thought that I would share this possible deal with the guild so someone else could take advantage of it. :)

http://www.equip-bid.com/cgi-bin/mnlist ... rop96/3385
~Rich Greenwood~

kwgodwin
Craft Brewer

Re: 3 CO2 Tanks

#2 Post by kwgodwin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Rich...looks like you have more time. The auction ends Tuesday evening, but the pick up time is Wednesday between 8 am and 4 pm.

But don't be late! It's a $100 storage fee if the items are there after the pick up time. Geez...if you don't pay within 2 days, AND you miss the pick-up window, you get $125 in late fees. The used equipment business must have a bunch of slackers for customers!

rushrich
Homebrewer

#3 Post by rushrich » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

I couldn't pick them up any day from 8 to 4 (or even 8 to 5 for that matter). The only auctions that they have that I can go to are the few on Saturdays or the auctions that they allow shipping. :(
~Rich Greenwood~

johnpepin
Homebrewer

#4 Post by johnpepin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:12 pm

I might be able to pick these up. But can I just drop in and pay for them or do you have to complete some on line stuff ?

rushrich
Homebrewer

#5 Post by rushrich » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:06 pm

I haven't even bid on them yet so (right now) I don't need anyone to pick them up for me, but thanks a lot for the offer! I think that if I have time tonight, right before the auction ends, I might try and bid on them, but the last time I did it that way the site was acting very slow and I missed my shot.

I guess if I do win the auction and you still want to help me out I will let you know tonight. Otherwise, if you don't hear back from me, I didn't win the auction.

Either way, THANKS ALL for your help!!!! :bounce:
~Rich Greenwood~

Tom Turnbull
Homebrewer

#6 Post by Tom Turnbull » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:30 am

It is likely these tanks are out of certification (every 5 yrs). $35/tank is not unusual for re-certification.
Tom Turnbull

rushrich
Homebrewer

#7 Post by rushrich » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 am

I am sure they are out of circulation if they are going that cheap. Oh well, I didn't get home in enough time to bid. No biggie. Thanks all who offered help and suggestions. :)
~Rich Greenwood~

meisel
Craft Brewer

#8 Post by meisel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:55 am

Tom Turnbull wrote:It is likely these tanks are out of certification (every 5 yrs). $35/tank is not unusual for re-certification.
Find a Linweld bottle drop and they take almost anything. There is a linweld drop at Napa autoparts on Iowa in Lawrence, they took my out of test Coke tank no questions asked, praxair wouldn't touch it. YMMV
The usefulness of opinion is itself matter of opinion.
Primum Brewery

Bill
Brewmaster

#9 Post by Bill » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:37 pm

meisel wrote:There is a linweld drop at Napa autoparts on Iowa in Lawrence, they took my out of test Coke tank no questions asked, praxair wouldn't touch it. YMMV
The Praxair here in Topeka took a 20# tank from me that had been sitting in my mom's garage for at least 15 years, on a dirt floor. They guy looked at it, looked at me, thought for a minute, then just gave me another tank. Guess I was lucky... for once.
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us

meisel
Craft Brewer

#10 Post by meisel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:11 am

Bill wrote:
meisel wrote:There is a linweld drop at Napa autoparts on Iowa in Lawrence, they took my out of test Coke tank no questions asked, praxair wouldn't touch it. YMMV
The Praxair here in Topeka took a 20# tank from me that had been sitting in my mom's garage for at least 15 years, on a dirt floor. They guy looked at it, looked at me, thought for a minute, then just gave me another tank. Guess I was lucky... for once.
The guy at praxair told me he couldn't swap because it was a coke tank. He said they do so much business with coke that company policy is no swapping coke tanks, similar to kegs, they need to be returned to the company. He was actually the one who recommended linweld, again your mileage may vary.
The usefulness of opinion is itself matter of opinion.
Primum Brewery

Bill
Brewmaster

#11 Post by Bill » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:40 am

meisel wrote:The guy at praxair told me he couldn't swap because it was a coke tank. He said they do so much business with coke that company policy is no swapping coke tanks, similar to kegs, they need to be returned to the company. He was actually the one who recommended linweld, again your mileage may vary.
That's actually pretty cool. Nice to know that they look out for each other.
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us