Bottles to Buy or Trade

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

dbüscher
Homebrewer

Bottles to Buy or Trade

#1 Post by dbüscher » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:36 am

I need cheap bottles and I am looking to buy or trade for them.  I have made a lot of equipment requests on here so I was reluctant to return to the well again, but then I figured that that is what homebrew clubs are for.  And I abide by the brewer’s code,  so of course I will pay it forward later. 

Anyway, I am to the point where I would like to start packaging some of my homebrew to give away to friends and family so I am working on building a cache of bottles, and of course, to do so as cheaply as possible.  And since I keg I miscalculated the number of bottles I would need.   I bought two cases of new bottles at JWL Craft brew here in town, and I assumed I could get by on that, but I have already given those away.  Naturally, I asked to recycle those, but who knows when I will get them back.

I am also interested in hearing your suggestions for other ways to score bottles (other than begging friends for their non-screw-tops or sitting outside of the Walmart recycling center).

The beers I have on hand are listed below (except for the on-deck).  They might not all be ready to be bottled, but I can offer for trade. 

Please PM me or respond to this post.
On-tap: Holy Hop Grenade, Coffee Amber Ale, Coco(a)nut Ale, Cracked Pepper Hibiscus Belgian, Doppelbach, Sidney Portier, American Barleywine

Lagering/Conditioning: Munich Dunkel, AAB Maibock, Brett Rye IPA, Russian Imperial Stout

On-deck: CocoMolé Ale

Pröst!

Rob Martin
Uberbrewer

Re: Bottles to Buy or Trade

#2 Post by Rob Martin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Duane - are you looking for any sized cappable bottles?

Blktre
BrewLegend

#3 Post by Blktre » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:25 pm

I've got a bunch of 16 and 20oz. Amber flip top's.
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

dbüscher
Homebrewer

#4 Post by dbüscher » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Just looking for anything that will help build my cache, so a variety of sizes and styles would be desirable.
On-tap: Holy Hop Grenade, Coffee Amber Ale, Coco(a)nut Ale, Cracked Pepper Hibiscus Belgian, Doppelbach, Sidney Portier, American Barleywine

Lagering/Conditioning: Munich Dunkel, AAB Maibock, Brett Rye IPA, Russian Imperial Stout

Pröst!

brick
Craft Brewer

#5 Post by brick » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:34 pm

If you still need more you can have any of mine i have been saving and never use.
Russell

cyburai
Uberbrewer

#6 Post by cyburai » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Same here. I think I have about 10 cases cleaned and delabeled
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

dbüscher
Homebrewer

#7 Post by dbüscher » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks for the responses, PMs sent.

Pröst!

Rob Martin
Uberbrewer

#8 Post by Rob Martin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Also - I'd get in the habit of snagging empty bottles every second Thursday of the month....

Matt
Uberbrewer

#9 Post by Matt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:02 pm

I'd like to second what Rob just said. After every LBG meeting, there are around 10 six packs worth of bottles that go straight into the recycle barrel, and re-use always trumps recycle. Bring a larger box with you to meetings, and you will quickly build that cache you're wanting.

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing