Container hops for sale

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

Baron Ken
Homebrewer

Container hops for sale

#1 Post by Baron Ken » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:15 am

I'm selling my container hops as I haven't had the time to deal with them this year and won't next year either. With a possible move to AZ in the near future, I don't want to take them with me either.

The were planted Spring 2010 and the first year didn't produce much. This Summer was brutal to them even with an automatic watering system on a timer once a day (probably should have increased the frequency, but just didn't mess with it :(). I got 0.4 oz Zeus and 0.5 oz Cascades. Pretty poor yield. I didn't keep up with pruning new shoots or anything, just let them grow how they wanted. The other plants produced nothing worth picking. (Note: I did use the Zeus for bittering a brown ale earlier this month :)).

Cascade
Centennial
Kent Golding
Tettnanger
Zeus

They are in 18 gal containers with a topsoil/miracle-gro mixture. I plan to do the Fall cleanup on them this weekend and get them prepared for storing over the winter (meaning, cut back the vines to ground level).

I would like to sell them all together if possible. $50 for all 5 including containers, soil and coir twine.
Location is Gardner, KS, but I can bring to next meeting possibly.

Here is a pic from around June 2010: