Grain mill special!

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

Matt
Uberbrewer

Grain mill special!

#1 Post by Matt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Just jumped on here to let everyone know about the grain mill I just ordered. I've been wanting my own for years now, but just couldn't justify the price they want for "two rollers in a box" these days. I imagine I'm not alone in that.

So check this out... It's made in Michigan, has an adjustable passive roller, and is reportedly built even better than the Barley Crushers, which are having trouble keeping up with demand. So Adventures in Homebrewing (Taylor, MI) have started ordering these to fill the void. I've ordered hardware from them before and would gladly do so again. At $89 (+Free Shipping!) it comes with a 7# hopper, crank handle and bucket base. Of course, I've already got plans and parts to motorize it, so that's my February project! (Possibly a seminar too if I can get the parts and plan together in time!)

Here's the link, plus a few details/reviews:
http://www.homebrewing.org/Cereal-Kille ... _2310.html
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/cereal- ... ndex3.html

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

Rob Martin
Uberbrewer

Re: Grain mill special!

#2 Post by Rob Martin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:03 am

This mill looks identical to a Barley Crusher for about $35 cheaper. Nice.

Blktre
BrewLegend

#3 Post by Blktre » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Nice score.
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

Matt
Uberbrewer

#4 Post by Matt » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Just got a disappointing e-mail from the folks at Adventures in Homebrewing. That said, I gotta respect that they contacted me to let me know at all:
Glad to hear how excited you are about the Cereal Killer. Just wanted to remind you that this is a preorder item and will be shipping out early next month. Also, we need to clarify that only the wooden base is American made here in Michigan. The metal portion of the mill is made abroad. Give us a call if you have any questions or concerns.
Whomever said it was made in the USA, in the forum posts I read when checking into this mill, was wrong I guess.

Since the order is already placed, and I've already gotten all giddy about having a mill finally, I'm probably going to go ahead and get this mill anyway, as much as I dislike that it isn't built here. But I wanted to be sure I didn't continue to spread the misinformation about it being American-made. :(

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

rushrich
Homebrewer

#5 Post by rushrich » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:19 pm

I, for one, would be very interested in seeing a seminar on how to motorize a grain mill. . . . . however I need to purchase said grain mill first. :oops:
~Rich Greenwood~