Selling: Stainless Steel False Bottom

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

Frank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selling: Stainless Steel False Bottom

#1 Post by Frank » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:47 pm

I have a 9" Stainless Steel False Bottom fits 5+ gallon Rubbermaid coolers. Used to convert coolers or plastic buckets into mash/ lauter tuns. Constructed from 304 stainless steel this false bottom will not float. Dome height is 1/2". Comes with a 3/8" barbed 90° brass elbow hose fitting in the center to draw the wort from beneath the dome. Made from stainless steel with 3/32 perforated holes on 5/32 centers. The barb fitting is 3/8 inch.

This is a great step for an extract brewer to start a 5 gallon all grain system. I used this bottom for over a year and never had a stuck mash, but since I am jumping to a 15gal set-up I won't need this anymore. If you don't already have a 5 gallon cooler mash tun I can help you build the bulkhead needed for the conversion. I even have some of the small pieces you'll need that will come with the false bottom free.

Would like $20 send offers. Trades...would like to avoid so they'd have to be in my favor.

In a 5 gallon Rubbermaid cooler. (Not attached because it's my HLT, but all you have to do is run a 3/8 high temp tube from the false bottle to your bulkhead's barb. I will include the tubing for this attachment free.)

Top view
Last edited by Frank on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Dillon
Twitter @JHawkBeerMaker

"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.” – Dave Barry

DJ in KC
Craft Brewer

Re: Selling: Stainless Steel False Bottom

#2 Post by DJ in KC » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Those can be nice in the kettle for whole hops too.

bneuen
Homebrewer

#3 Post by bneuen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:18 pm

I'll take it.

-Bowe
-Bowe

Frank
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by Frank » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

PM sent
Frank Dillon
Twitter @JHawkBeerMaker

"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.” – Dave Barry