Regulator/Manifold/Temp controller/additional pin keg wanted

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

ChuckB

Regulator/Manifold/Temp controller/additional pin keg wanted

#1 Post by ChuckB » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Hey Guys,
I am the new brewer to the guild and am looking to start kegging. I know I can get these items online, but I just wanted to check if anyone has an older system they had abandoned.
Prost!

Chuck

bneuen
Homebrewer

Re: Regulator/Manifold/Temp controller/additional pin keg wa

#2 Post by bneuen » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Aparrently nobody wants to get rid of anything, although I don't blame them.

Of course, check on craigslist. You will need a CO2 cylinder, regulator, kegs, disconnects for your keg(s), beer line, and some way for dispensing the beer (beer faucet or picnic tap). A manifold is not actually required, but they are nice. You should be able to score a CO2 cylinder and regulator pretty easily on craigslist.

A lot of people go with larger line between the regulator and the keg (1/4" or larger) than between the keg and the faucet (3/16" I think is usual). If you get picnic taps, be sure not to skimp on hose length for them or else they will foam badly (speaking from experience there); you'll want around 5 feet if you are serving at 12 psi or so. Other members can probably give you much more (and better) info on serving pressures line length.

-Bowe
-Bowe

kevputo
Homebrewer

Re: Regulator/Manifold/Temp controller/additional pin keg wa

#3 Post by kevputo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 am

On the For Sale board at my office, someone is selling a Danby Kegerator for $300.

There weren't many details in the posting, but it looks pretty much exactly like this one: http://www.beveragefactory.com/refriger ... 5bls.shtml

I just bought one of these new (like a sucker) about 3 weeks ago, after about 2 months of trying to be patient. If it is this same model, I can confirm it will hold 3 ball lock kegs. My plan is to eventually replace or expand the tower to make it a 3-tap setup.

PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the contact info of the seller.
Kevin Hansen