Free motor

Buy, Sell, and Trade Brewing Stuff.

Moderator: Officers

Sláinte!
Homebrewer

Free motor

#1 Post by Sláinte! » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Last night I replaced our garbage disposal with a new unit. The old one's blades were rusty and dull but otherwise the unit had no problems. It's a 1/2 hp Badger 5; I have no plans for it. If someone is interested in having it to use the motor for a grain mill or something, send me a message and we can coordinate for you to pick it up.
Dan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tap: Scottish Export 80
Primary: Empty
Secondary/Lagering: Empty
Bottled: Bourbon Barrel Porter, Cherry-Infused Bourbon Barrel Porter, '100' American Barleywine, Midas Touch Clone II, Doppelsticke Altbier

Matt
Uberbrewer

Re: Free motor

#2 Post by Matt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:13 pm

I'd be interested in motorizing my mill with it... been looking for a very long time for a motor, in fact. Are its RPM and torque info on it?

Are you looking to trade or just find it a good home? Either way, I'm very interested.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

Sláinte!
Homebrewer

#3 Post by Sláinte! » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 pm

There are no RPM or torque specs listed on the disposal. It does say that it's a 6.9 amp motor though. I'm looking to get rid of it, nothing in trade. I just didn't want to throw it away if somebody thought they could get a use out of it. There is no power cord as I had to use the one that was on it to power the new disposal. But hey...it's free.

I can bring it to the next meeting if that works for you.
Dan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tap: Scottish Export 80
Primary: Empty
Secondary/Lagering: Empty
Bottled: Bourbon Barrel Porter, Cherry-Infused Bourbon Barrel Porter, '100' American Barleywine, Midas Touch Clone II, Doppelsticke Altbier

Matt
Uberbrewer

#4 Post by Matt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Sure... bring it along to the meeting. If I can't use it, I'll try to find it another home and keep it out of the landfill.

I looked at the Insinkerator website. Looks like it's a pretty damn high RPM (1700+), but no info on torque. Really wish it had some info on how many foot-pounds it can handle. If I'm going to use it at all, I'll have to put a pretty serious flywheel on it, which I have no idea about where to obtain. (Anybody?)

Adding a new power cord shouldn't be a problem. It's gearing it down that's going to be tricky.

Regardless, I've been wanting to do this as a project for a while... so yes, please and thank you for the motor. :)

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing