Fitgers brewhouse

Visited or Visiting a brewpub? Post your comments.

Moderator: Officers

brick
Craft Brewer

Fitgers brewhouse

#1 Post by brick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:49 pm

This is a must stop in Duluth MN. Fitgers was a brewery in Duluth in the 1800s that brewed until 1975. In 1995 the brewery complex was reopened as a 4 star hotel shopping mall and 4 resturants including the Fitgers Brewhouse brewpub. Food is quality pub fare with a few northwoods items added. The beers run the full spectrum. They always have one cask ale on tap. When we were there it was 20/20. This is a hop lovers beer. 20 types of hopes used and added 30 times throughout the boil. They always have a golden, ESB, pale ale, IPA, and oatmeal stout on tap plus numerous specialties on tap. I had the ESB next a good example of the style but after the 20/20 nothing was going to wow me like that one. Cindy did the house IPA and the Hefe they had. Both were spot on but after tasting my 20/20 she wished she had gotten that one. This place has lots of wonderful brewing memorabilia and being right on Lake Superior is worht an afternoon or evening if your in the area. We stayed the night and even made a speacial stop on the return trip to get a few growlers to bring back home.