Great waters brewpub St. Paul MN

Visited or Visiting a brewpub? Post your comments.

Moderator: Officers

brick
Craft Brewer

Great waters brewpub St. Paul MN

#1 Post by brick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Stopped here on way home from Canada. Located in Downtown St. Paul this brewpub always has 4 cask ales and a half dozen other beers. English satyles are the theme. When we stopped on cask was a bitter, a mild, a brown and an oatmeal stout. I had the mild and bitter. The mild was a dark amber very malty with a hint of smoke to it. Drinking it one could imagine sitting in a working class English pub 100 years ago. the bitter was refreshing and something you could drink all night. Both had creamy heads that would rival any nitro served beer. The Mild left the entire glass with a sheet of foam that stayed on the side of the glass the whole time I was drinking it. Cindy had the Hefe and pale ales both were what you would expect at any decent brewpub. But the cask ales are definatly the stars at Great Waters. We had the Black and Brew pate to start and that is all we really needed to order. It was a huge plate of black bean pate and humus with pita bread accompanied by a mixture of olives, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. If you like cask ales I would say stop by if in the area. They also has Surly Furious on tap for those that need lots of hops.