Trinity Brewing Company, Colorado Springs, CO

Visited or Visiting a brewpub? Post your comments.

Moderator: Officers

cog_nate
Homebrewer

Trinity Brewing Company, Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Post by cog_nate » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Went to Colorado Springs last weekend, and had dinner at a fairly new brewpub one night. Trinity Brewing Company. It's on Garden of the Gods road, up on the north side of town. Not my favorite section of Co Spgs, but fortunately everything about Trinity except the location is excellent.

I was this close to ordering the mac and cheese with smoked salmon in it, but Megan and I wound up having salads for dinner. Yeah, yeah. They were both damn good, but I was partial to mine: the Forest Salad (spinach, walnuts, avocado, portabellos and a superb lemon and tahini dressing). A guy next to us had some kind of fruit and cheese plate that looked pretty kickass and not hoitty-toitty and sparsely populated like you'd get at some places.

Beerwise, Megan and I stuck to the house offerings. She had the IPA, and I had a farmhouse saison and the stout. The IPA was well-rounded, with good bitterness and an earthier hop character than I expected. The saison was slightly less good than the knockout we had at Bristol Brewing Co. earlier in the day, but it was fine -- very deceptively light tasting, if the ABV rating is to be believed. I was most impressed with their stout -- supah smooth with just the right touch of roasted barley flavor. (While it's still listed on the website, they no longer offer their Belgian Golden ale.) They also had dozens of beers from other breweries -- had Megan not been there, I really could have gotten up to some mischief.

Service was attentive but laid back.

:bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: out of :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: