The Anchor, Wichita, KS

Visited or Visiting a brewpub? Post your comments.

Moderator: Officers

Joe Yoder
Brewmaster

The Anchor, Wichita, KS

#1 Post by Joe Yoder » Tue May 31, 2011 11:50 am

I recently stopped by this beer bar in downtown Wichita. I had been there before, but it just keeps getting better!! As far as I am concerned this is the best beer bar in KS. With close to 50 tap handles and lots of additional bottles, there is literally something for everyone.
Talked to the owner at the back bar (they have two). She was very friendly and brought out several samples of IPAs for me to try. She wants to improve the menu with more local items. Food is not bad now, but is typical bar fare. I had a Reuben Sandwich and sweet potato fries. The fries were excellent!
So, I know, going to Wichita is probably not on anyone's list of favorite road trips, but if you do end up there, don't miss the Anchor Inn. It is located just south of Old Town on Douglas Avenue (on the south side of the street).
Joe Yoder
Last edited by Joe Yoder on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyburai
Uberbrewer

Re: Anchor Inn, Wichita, KS

#2 Post by cyburai » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Any relation to the Anchor Inn in Hutch? (great mexican joint).
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

Joe Yoder
Brewmaster

#3 Post by Joe Yoder » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:09 am

No relation that I know of. And I don't know when the last time you were there, or if I was there on an off day, but the one in Hutch is a place I would warn people away from.
Joe

cyburai
Uberbrewer

#4 Post by cyburai » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Uncool.. It has refried beans with LARDO!
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

mpeck
Little Beer

Re: The Anchor, Wichita, KS

#5 Post by mpeck » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:50 am

We have family in the Wichita area, so I had this recommendation in the back of my mind. We finally made it last night, and enjoyed a lot of good food and great draught beer selection. We had several Belgian beers, some good seasonals, and many others!

I heartily second this recommendation.
- Megan (and Wesley) Peck