Nebraska Brewing Company

Visited or Visiting a brewpub? Post your comments.

Moderator: Officers

JMcG
Brewmaster

Nebraska Brewing Company

#1 Post by JMcG » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:26 pm

In Omaha this w/e and tried the NBC which is south of Omaha proper in Papillion. Had tasted a couple of their brews at KCBM and wanted to check the rest out.
Blonde was clean and easy to drink, had enough bitterness. Wit was tart and refreshing. EOS Hefe was very good with good banana aroma (not overwhelming) and tart fruitiness with a subtle clove spiciness in the finish.
Cardinal Pale Ale was crisp and well balanced with 35 IBU. IPA was 71 IBU and was also balanced by the malt plus some caramel notes, but I thought it could use more hop aroma. Hop God is their "Belgian" IPA and very popular. If you like the style you won't be disappointed. Lots of the Belgian phenolic flavors and 108 IBU. 2011 KCBM attendees may have sampled this one on the deck between flights.
The last beer is their Apricot au Poivre' Saison. (The NBC brewer brought a case of the Oak-Aged version to the Saturday breakfast session at KCBM, it was a hit!). Saison spiciness plus green peppercorn smoothed by the apricot flavors. Well attenuated and fruity, complex. Not quite as well integrated as the oak barrel (Chardonnay) version, a new release of which will be out soon.
Food was OK. Nice calamari appetizer, red bell pepper strips and zucchini strips breaded lightly served with hot red pepper jelly as a condiment.
This place was really about the beer. Atmosphere was like KCK Legends area.
jim

Rugger1978
Craft Brewer

Re: Nebraska Brewing Company

#2 Post by Rugger1978 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:02 pm

I've been there too and really liked it. The manager was really nice and gave me a tour of the place as soon as he found out I'm a beer connoisseur.
Jared Rudy
Fat Back Brewing
On Tap: Irish Red Ale, Vienna Lager, American Wheat, Belgian Triple, Oatmeal Stout, Saison, Hard Cider
Primary: Oktoberfest-Marzen
Kegged/Ageing: Russian Imperial Stout, Oktoberfest-Marzen
Next Brew: Vienna Lager or an IPA