Tallgrass IPA

Comments on commercial beers, meads, or wines.

Moderator: Officers

Bill
Brewmaster

Tallgrass IPA

#1 Post by Bill » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Saw this on the shelf at the Jacob Liquor Exchange here in Wichita. They said that they just got it a few days ago. I wasn't even aware Jeff had released another beer.

Appearance is nice, orange-ish copper color that is clear as a bell with nice white head that dissipates quickly into a ring around the outside with moderate lacing.

Aroma is earthy and toasty, with the hops offering up some slight floral hints and stronger pine... maybe a hint of citrus? not sure, been eating clementines today.

Mouthfeel is moderate to average. Has a good start with a slightly hop-ish bitter finish. Leaves the mouth watering but the tongue dry in the center.

Flavor is nice and malty with some caramel malt notes with more of the floral in the finish.

Not sure what the IBUs are but it would say its on the lower side of the IPA range, especially for you Hop Heads out there.

All and all a great beer. I would give this a solid 7.5 and would (would? hell, will) be getting more in the future. This is easily my favorite of the Tallgrass line. Good job Jeff.
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us