Kansas has a new brewery!

Comments on commercial beers, meads, or wines.

Moderator: Officers

Jensen
Uberbrewer

Kansas has a new brewery!

#1 Post by Jensen » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:04 pm

Yes you read that right, Kansas DOES have a new brewery! I met Jeff Gill the other day and he seems very dedicated to his craft! A homebrewer taking it to the next level! He was a member of the Topeka Hall of Foamers for half a decade or so. Tallgrass Brewing Co. is not a brewpub, it is a brewery located in Manhattan. He has an English brown offering in keg only right now, and is looking for tap handles in bars here in Lawrence. I had this beer tonight and it is solid. It is just malty enough to be an English brown with all the bells an whistles you'd expect, with ever so slight hints of mocha in the background. There are some hops hiding in there for the palate that is looking. Not a cloying beer at all-- almost a session brown. Very Tasty! Please ask your favorite Tavern to put it on tap. I mentioned our Brewfest, and he has known about it for years now... don't be surprised if he shows up with some samples perhaps!

Here is a link (notice how our club is linked from his site-- Lets support this guy too!)

http://www.tallgrassbeer.com/tallgrass/feedback.html

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#2 Post by Jensen » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:52 pm

If you are running low on beer in your keggerator, he has 1/6 bbl available in liquor stores for about 40 dollars. A great way to tide you over till the next batch is ready...