Beer Gun

Reviews on equipment, chemicals, kits, etc.

Moderator: Officers

Jensen
Uberbrewer

Beer Gun

#1 Post by Jensen » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Does anyone use the Blichmann Beer Gun I see advertised in the mags? I have a big counter-pressure filler, but is quite a process to set up, especially if you are wanting to fill just a couple of bottles for a comp or a growler for a meeting. Is it worth the price they are asking for it?

Greenblood
Brewmaster

#2 Post by Greenblood » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:17 am

Last I heard, Andy swears by his. Think he cuddles with it at night.
Cheers!

John Monaghan

"If your feelings were grapes I would crush them. And then, after fermentation, drink them down. And quite possibly later, throw them up again."

Blktre
BrewLegend

#3 Post by Blktre » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:33 am

Greenblood wrote:Last I heard, Andy swears by his. Think he cuddles with it at night.
Its really a POS......the little rubber stopper on the end strips out and wont stay on. Without it, the gun wont shut off spraying beer all over the place. Replacements are hi dollar. So i just now use foodgrade silicone instead. Otherwise, its easy to use and have good luck on long term aging. Real easy to operate. Hi price. Ask for it for X-mas.....
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

Snowman
Homebrewer

#4 Post by Snowman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:20 am

Blktre wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Last I heard, Andy swears by his. Think he cuddles with it at night.
Its really a POS......the little rubber stopper on the end strips out and wont stay on. Without it, the gun wont shut off spraying beer all over the place. Replacements are hi dollar. So i just now use foodgrade silicone instead. Otherwise, its easy to use and have good luck on long term aging. Real easy to operate. Hi price. Ask for it for X-mas.....
Agree the rubber stopper is subject to falling off but I don't think that makes it a POS...

Blktre
BrewLegend

#5 Post by Blktre » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:55 pm

Agree the rubber stopper is subject to falling off but I don't think that makes it a POS...
I do. When a tool costs almost 80 bucks and a .2cent part fails all the time making it useless and replacements are $5, its borderline a POS.
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.

Greenblood
Brewmaster

#6 Post by Greenblood » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Blktre wrote:
I stand correctred. :P
Cheers!

John Monaghan

"If your feelings were grapes I would crush them. And then, after fermentation, drink them down. And quite possibly later, throw them up again."

Blktre
BrewLegend

#7 Post by Blktre » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:10 pm

I stand corrected. :P
With that said, i wouldn't sell or trade mine off. Its still easier to operate than the other style of bottle filler. You just need to watch out for the rubber stopper and take care of it is all........
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift

Snowman
Homebrewer

#8 Post by Snowman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:24 pm

Blktre wrote:
With that said, i wouldn't sell or trade mine off. Its still easier to operate than the other style of bottle filler. You just need to watch out for the rubber stopper and take care of it is all........
Which IMO makes it a pretty nice POS...Point taken on the attention of the part, but I think the dirty rocks your sucking on are from your having lost the part and having to figure an effective alternative on a budget! Glad you did find a way as others will probably use the tip in the future.

Blktre
BrewLegend

#9 Post by Blktre » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:11 pm

Snowman wrote:
Blktre wrote:

Which IMO makes it a pretty nice POS...Point taken on the attention of the part, but I think the dirty rocks your sucking on are from your having lost the part and having to figure an effective alternative on a budget! Glad you did find a way as others will probably use the tip in the future.
dirty rocks..........haha

ill just use one that i know about thats in your basement thats never been used......... :lol:
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift

Snowman
Homebrewer

#10 Post by Snowman » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:18 pm

Blktre wrote:
Snowman wrote:
Blktre wrote:

dirty rocks..........haha

ill just use one that i know about thats in your basement thats never been used......... :lol:
Ah ha...Wondered when that little fact would come out :) It's actually been used a few times thou :D