Mustard

Got a good recipe that uses beer, mead or wine? Post it here.

Moderator: Officers

sherrybob
Homebrewer

Mustard

#1 Post by sherrybob » Tue May 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Has anyone on here ever made their own mustard?

I am tired of paying a fortune for the Sierra Nevada stout mustard that Sean and I like, so I ordered a ton of mustard seeds from Penzey's and threw some stuff together last night.

I guess I let it sit in a jar on the counter and taste it every day until I like it, then refrigerate it to control the heat (that stops the heat loss/gain).

Thoughts or recipes?
Beer Haiku:
Delicious Homebrew
Nectar from nature's bounty
No hangovers here

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#2 Post by Jensen » Tue May 06, 2008 10:14 pm

I have an awesome recipe for mustard that has always been a hit. I'll give it to you this weekend at the fest (and post here later), cause I am too lazy at the moment to go up and dig out the recipe... it has tarragon vinegar, and eggs in it.. I hope you are going this weekend and not doing the dis like your hubby...

j

sherrybob
Homebrewer

#3 Post by sherrybob » Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Sorry.. I have to dis y'all, too.

I have BBQ to tend to, along with the chilluns, and lots and lots of work this time of year. But I don't have to leave town until Mid-June so I'll be around for the meetings the next 2 months.

And we should be back from our fabby vacation (during which we will fill an SUV with beer and carry it across several state lines for personal consumption) for the July meeting.
Beer Haiku:
Delicious Homebrew
Nectar from nature's bounty
No hangovers here