cheesey feta dip from April meeting

Got a good recipe that uses beer, mead or wine? Post it here.

Moderator: Officers

sherrybob
Homebrewer

cheesey feta dip from April meeting

#1 Post by sherrybob » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:24 pm

Hi, Several people asked me to put the recipe up for the cheese dip I brought to the April meeting. If you have ever gotten a recipe from me, or watched me cook, you know I don't use measuring tools - they just make more dirty dishes. Therefore, all amounts are approximate

In an oven proof casserole dish, mix together:
*Maybe 1.5 pounds feta cheese, crumbled up (We buy the huge pack from Costco)
*Maybe 1.5 cups mayo - again, the Kraft big 'un from Costco
*About a cup or 2 of marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (Kirkland from Costco makes a huge jar for relativley cheap)
*A big onion or two (vidalia is yummy!) that you already diced and caramelized in olive oil with a few cloves of chopped garlic. Add the garlic near the end of the caramelization process as it burns easily and is really bad when burnt ***
*Bacon would be an excellent addition for when you don't care about vegetarians. I am programmed to care MOST of the time. Cook it first and drain on paper towels, then crumble.

Put in microwave for a coupla minutes, stirring here and there. OR
Put in an oven at 300 degrees for not more than an hour. I put it in too long at the meeting and the oil separated out from the other stuff, but it was still darn tasty. Check it and stir it up after a half hour to be sure.

Serve with your favorite vehicle for delicious fatty goodness.

*** For caramelized onions:
http://wiki.ehow.com/Make-Caramelized-Onions

Enjoy!
Sherry
Beer Haiku:
Delicious Homebrew
Nectar from nature's bounty
No hangovers here

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#2 Post by Jensen » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:56 pm

Fantastic dish Sherry. I feel sorry for those who didn't get to try it-- because Ellen ate over half of it all by herself! The one tiny tiny nibble I had was awesome, and now that you have posted will become a staple in our stable for parties.

Thanks for sharing!

Snowman
Homebrewer

#3 Post by Snowman » Wed May 10, 2006 10:56 pm

I cook about the same way that Sherry listed...This is a WINNER of a recipe to say the least. I added the bacon and WOW!