Beer Bread

Got a good recipe that uses beer, mead or wine? Post it here.

Moderator: Officers

mcole
Homebrewer

Beer Bread

#1 Post by mcole » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:45 pm

This is a pretty common recipe but good and easy to boot.

Beer Bread

12oz room temp beer (your choice)
3c self rising flour
1/3c sugar

Mix and dump in loaf pan. I sometimes throw it in a round cake pan depending on what Im using it for.

Bake 350 for 55 min

Obviously the difference in beer makes all the difference in the bread. Is great for toasting and topping when having friends over, use the beer your serving and its a great combo.
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Welhelm

"May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered below never fall out."
-Old Irish Blessing

Snowman
Homebrewer

#2 Post by Snowman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:20 pm

WOW that is easy. I guess you treat this as a quick bread...Don't have to bother letting it raise, not kneading etc?

I might have to try this just to hear the wife complain about the smell when it cooks :D

mcole
Homebrewer

#3 Post by mcole » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:31 pm

No rising no kneading, is really pretty sticky when you throw it in the pan. I do stir it until it is a bit smooth. Smell isn't to bad. I am ususally drinking what I threw in it so it all blends. lol
-Kaiser Welhelm

"May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered below never fall out."
-Old Irish Blessing

mcole
Homebrewer

Re: Beer Bread

#4 Post by mcole » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm

I have not posted in a long time, but came across this post. I have done a ton of things with this bread since I posted and thought I might share.

I threw in some pepper jack cheese and used a stout for the beer

Tried a great super smokey cheddar and some smoked porter

Flattened it out on waxed paper that I spread with butter, rolled pepperoni, good salami and fresh motz, I think I used a stout as I like how it gives the bread a better crumb. Rolled it all up was a great app for unexpected friends.

Added three shakes of Franks and pepper Jacks cheese and served with grilled wings. Think I threw in hop juice as I was feeling good. Everyone dipped it into the ranch and blue cheese instead of the celery.

Good to post again,
Melissa

I just love this easy fast dump bread. Just add a couple of the ingredients that you threw into dinner and any beer you would serve with it and you get a great rustic loaf to tear apart at the table.
-Kaiser Welhelm

-Old Irish Blessing

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#5 Post by Jensen » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:29 am

mcole wrote:
Good to post again,
Melissa

Good to have you posting again, just don't give Rob any ideas that he should start posting... :lol: Look forward to seeing you guys out at Brewfest!
**Podcasts are a way of multi-tasking.**

Rob Martin
Uberbrewer

#6 Post by Rob Martin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Jensen wrote:
mcole wrote:
Good to post again,
Melissa

Good to have you posting again, just don't give Rob any ideas that he should start posting... :lol: Look forward to seeing you guys out at Brewfest!
+1 - miss seeing you and Rob around. Going to Brewfest? Kewl.