While not beer, I had mentioned at the meeting I'd post it

List your favorite brewing recipes here.

Moderator: Officers

Moi

While not beer, I had mentioned at the meeting I'd post it

#1 Post by Moi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 pm

In the spirit (no pun intended) of the lemoncello I had mentioned I'd post the Irish cream recipe I had. It's very easy to make and ready to sample once it's done.

Note: I have made this with different qualities of alcohol and it tastes pretty much the same. You do gain some small flavor characteristics. But for the most part you are altering the %age of your beverage.

Irish Cream

-2 eggs, well beaten
-2 cups milk or 1/2 and 1/2
-Heat milk and eggs until very hot (DO NOT BOIL! unless you want your Irish cream scrambled). Strain the mixture (you may need to do this more than once depending on how fine your strainer is) and cool.
-Add 1 tsp. of Vanilla
-Add 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (recipe calls for Eagle brand, but I'm sure any would do).
-Add 2 tbsp. Hershey's syrup
-Add 1tsp. coconut or almond extract (I have only used almond and it turns out great. But if you are more partial to coconut, go for it).
-Add 1 1/2 cups whisky, brandy or rum (Add which ever you like most. I have not tried it with whisky or brandy, but I find the rum version is quite tasty!).
-Mix well and refrigerate (or pour a little on ice to give it a "quality check")

Enjoy!
Marc

BourbonDrinker
Craft Brewer

Re: While not beer, I had mentioned at the meeting I'd post it

#2 Post by BourbonDrinker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:25 pm

By whisky you mean, of course, whiskey with an (e), and by whiskey (with an e), of course, you mean bourbon whiskey, of which I would recommend trying some Buffalo Trace or Wellers.

I have some Buffalo Trace Cream Liqueur that is unbelievable. Unfortunately the only place to buy it is at the distillery in Kentucky. I need to figure out how to make it myself, because Bailey's just doesn't measure up (it doesn't even come close). Thanks for posting.
Devin Zell
Head Drinker, BourbonDrinker.com

BourbonDrinker
Craft Brewer

Re: While not beer, I had mentioned at the meeting I'd post it

#3 Post by BourbonDrinker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:11 pm

All right... I'm bringing a batch of homemade 20 proof Bourbon Cream Liqueur to the January meeting. Get ready folks.

-Devin
Devin Zell
Head Drinker, BourbonDrinker.com