March 2010

Monthly Meeting Minutes will be posted here.

Moderator: Officers

Lucile
Homebrewer

March 2010

#1 Post by Lucile » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:41 pm

This month’s tasting: how to taste, the process of tasting, like judging. See BJCP web site for more information (http://www.bjcp.org/index.php). Thanks, Lee (as always).

Seminar: Clint explains how he made his own version of a “randall” (for dry-hopping your beer) for sale at Northern Brewer, based on a 5 inch water filter. Showed the parts he used to make it. Very cool.

Tonight’s meeting:
Business meeting first, then we’ll have Blake’s raffle.

New people:
George: just started brewing, likes kegging better than bottling
Aaron and Caryl: neighbor of Rob Martin, never brewed before, gotta try it ourselves
Jim: friend of Chris.
Galen C: has brewed mead, want to branch out

Clean up crew assigned. Thanks!

Treasurer’s Report
Clint: 79 paid members. (Fewer than the same time last year.) $4447 on hand.

Librarian's Report
Devon: We’ve got books. We’ve got more books today because people have been reporting brought their delinquent loans back. Come see Devon to check out books. Also check the Library section of the forum.

Upcoming events:
23rd Street Brewery Competition. Judging will be on April 15th – bring bottles (or even kegs) to the next meeting or by the 14th to the brewery. Winners announced at 5:30p.m. On April 20th will be awards. Unfortunately, the tasting can’t be in public, and will be held upstairs, so you can’t taste the homebrews. However, you’re always welcome to come to the Brewery to hang out and wait for the results.

Mayfest: Sean’s not here. Do we want to pay Sean for hosting? Xan: we normally pay Clinton $200 for two nights camp space. Motion to give Sean $200 cash for hosting. 2nded. Passed.

Pints for Pets. Clint: We’ve got Eddie Glenn lined up, and we’ve invited The Wiseachers. Time: 3p to 10p. Hotdogs, 100 lbs of farm raised hamburger. Check the forum!

Mugs for Juggs: Andy: it’s in June. No, last year wasn’t the last year.

Any announcements/other business
Jeff: maybe we could set up a “home tour” of brewers, everyone brewing on the same day, have a “brew crawl” to see different set ups, learn new tricks, techniques. Monoghan: maybe we could get a bus to drive us around. Put it on the forum and discuss interest, dates, organizing.

Check with Clint to buy raffle tickets. (Meeting adjourned by distraction.)
Lisa Hallberg
Hacker, crafter, cook, bicyclist, work in progress, human.

Bill
Brewmaster

Re: March 2010

#2 Post by Bill » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:38 pm

What happened to the Feb minutes?
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us

Lucile
Homebrewer

#3 Post by Lucile » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 pm

Yeah, that would be a big fat "OOPS" on my part: I didn't make it to the meeting. If someone else took notes (after a round of boo-ing on my absence, so I hear), then I am in their debt... and would ask them to kindly step forward and post some minutes from last month.

Sorry. Mea culpa.
Lisa Hallberg
Hacker, crafter, cook, bicyclist, work in progress, human.

BourbonDrinker
Craft Brewer

#4 Post by BourbonDrinker » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:37 pm

That would be MrsBourbonDrinker... I'll nudge her to post the minutes.
Devin Zell
Head Drinker, BourbonDrinker.com

BourbonDrinker
Craft Brewer

#5 Post by BourbonDrinker » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:30 pm

I asked my wife about the notes she took. She reports that they were passed off the the prez at the end of the Feb. meeting.
Devin Zell
Head Drinker, BourbonDrinker.com

Melonmon
Craft Brewer

#6 Post by Melonmon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Oops. Somehow the notes didn't find their way into either my notebook or my purse. I have looked all over for them. My sincere apologies. :drunken: