November 2010

Monthly Meeting Minutes will be posted here.

Moderator: Officers

Lucile
Homebrewer

November 2010

#1 Post by Lucile » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Tasting – Lee. Belgian beers: a variety
1.Boulevard “Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale”
2.Member submission – Jim?
3.Petrus “Aged Pale Ale”

Seminar – Brick
"Farm Reports" - world agricultural market issues that affect home brewing

Business Meeting - Ellen

New people
Grant
Curtis – started all grain brewing, first bew should be done sone
Kevin – been brewing for a couple of years

Clean up crew - Thank you!
Jim , Wendy , Chuck

Treasurer's Report – Clint
$3189 – an all time low in my tenure. But you'll all give money at the Christmas party and for next year's dues.

Librarian – Devon
We have books. We have people on the wall of shame – those who haven't returned their books in a timely manner
Ted is 16th months overdue on his book

Old Business -
Regional brew competition?? We haven't heard anything: the guidelines, the dates... Chris needs to follow up.

Awards committee, brewer of the year award? The committee hasn't met.

Public Relations committee – folks need to step up to commit to discounts for club members for next year. Several of these have been addressed.

No December meeting – Xmas party

Christmas party – Dale
“What's the difference between deer nuts and beer nuts?” “Beer nuts will cost you $1.99 per pound, but you'll always find deer nuts under a buck.”
(Thanks for that, Dale.)
Bus – sign up on the forum (in the members-only area: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2328), if you haven't singed up, there's no guarantee that you're on. Space is limited to 35.
Pick up at 5:20 at 19th & Haskell, 5:30 at 23rd Street. Take folks home at 11:30 pm (I think I got that right - correct me if I'm wrong).
Need volunteers to handle and clean up jockey boxes, someone to take the boxes to Andy's
Sean will clean the boxes...
Clint and Jeff will take care of sound.
Bring kegs, side dishes. There will be no sign up on the forum - you guys know the drill.
Jeff – is the club providing anything? No! Never did before, and there was too much food and drink last year – just bring food and drink!

New Business/Annoucements

Nominations for officers - to be voted on at the January 2011 meeting
President, Vice Presdient, Secretary, Treasurer, Brew Meister (Quarter Master, too?)
Jeff – nominates himself for Librarian
Motion for Brick for president, seconded by Sean

Announcements
Joe Yoder – had a great thing in Goessell KS – made $4000 – a great time, thank you so very much - especially Sam and Jeff
Brick - 23rd Street Brewery Bourbon Vanilla Porter on tap Friday. Come on down.

Motion to adjourn. Seconded. Done.
Lisa Hallberg
Hacker, crafter, cook, bicyclist, work in progress, human.