7 p.m. Thursday, May 14, 2020
Virtual meeting due to COVID-19. Held via Zoom, Facebook Live and YouTube.
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d ... p=sharing
YouTube Live Meeting: https://youtu.be/0WLrJFBCg-Q
Facebook Live Meeting: https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceBrewer ... 334150515/
- Presenters: Officers
- Virtual Maifest brewing: Gregg Kipers made a Kolsch. Steven Fritts made a Juicy IPA w/ Jester hops. Travis and Mike made Mosaic IPA. Leigh brewed a clone of Yankee Tank Rip Tide
- This is our second time trying a virtual meeting. We'll continue with virtual meetings until it's safe for an in-person meeting.
- Online/Virtual Hoppy Hour reminder every Thursday. Occasional trivia! Announced continuing through at least June. Ask if you’re having issues getting in.
- Competition update: Big Brew-Off postponed until further notice. Trying to figure out if there’s alternative ways to work judging.
- Parkville has been postponed until October.
- Pints for Pets is canceled for now. Maybe do something in the fall.
- Lawrence Public Library is planning another How-To Festival on June 20. Went virtual, library mentioned they’re doing breakout rooms. Jake is working on a basic how-to pre-recorded. If you wanna contribute, reach out to him.
- Brewfest XXV is still scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 26. Will decide in late summer if event needs to be postponed.
- As part of the 25th anniversary, we wanted to see your best anniversary T-shirt designs! Jarrod Lynds had the winning design. Sign up for a shirt at https://forms.gle/ic3xr9LGcj14jbir9.
- Membership renewals: 59 (couple more this week)
- Money updates – Few/little changes in income or expenses (see slides)
- Reminder about discounts at our local stores for membership
- Virtual Resources at our local library(ies): LPL, JoCo, and KC links in forum! If you find something, share it with the group
- Ryan led the seminar on yeast.