7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 13, 2020
Virtual meeting due to COVID-19. Held via Zoom, Facebook Live and YouTube.
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d ... p=sharing
YouTube Live Meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqSQr8tI6cc
Facebook Live Meeting: https://www.facebook.com/14433707239337 ... 170929827/
- Presenters: Officers
- Drinking: Leigh is drinking a Free State Stormchaser. Matt B. is drinking a City Barrel Rad AF. Travis is drinking The Riley, an American red ale.
- This is our fifth time having a virtual meeting. We'll continue with virtual meetings until we can have an in-person meeting. The church has said it doesn't plan to reopen until late this year/early next year. If you have ideas for an alternative location we could meet while still socially distance, let Ryan know. For more about the church, see this forum post: https://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vi ... f=5&t=4559
- Online/Virtual Hoppy Hour reminder every Thursday. Occasional trivia! Continuing through at least October. Ask if you’re having issues getting in.
- Parkville has been canceled.
- As of right now, LBG Holiday Party is scheduled for Dec. 5
- Following a club vote, it's been decided to postpone Brewfest XXV to September 2021. An exact date will be announced soon. Even though we can't gather in person, watch for details about how we can still celebrate Brewfest.
- 25th anniversary T-shirts are in! Ryan will be setting up pickup times (likely to coincide with Hoppy Hours).
- 88 paid members
- Jake has been corresponding with the church regarding rental fees during COVID-19 and what next year's contract will look like.
- Money updates – Few/little changes in income or expenses (see slides)
- What are you reading?
- Info about Brewfest postponement
- Mustard beer?!
- Black Is Beautiful Beer Collaboration
- Leigh led the seminar on how to build a hop profile.
- Ahaslides quiz and survey