7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020
Virtual meeting due to COVID-19. Held via Zoom, Facebook Live and YouTube.
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d ... p=sharing
YouTube Live Meeting: https://youtu.be/g9SMYC5M2Vc
Facebook Live Meeting: https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceBrewe ... 39077443/
- Presenters: Officers
- Drinking: Ryan is drinking Hoppy Pride by Shipyard. Tim M. is drinking 60-Minute IPA from Dogfish. Travis is drinking La Fin Du Monde Triple. Steve F. is drinking a chocolate-cherry wheat homebrew. Bryce J. is drinking Polyester Pigeon Belgian Tripel. Leigh is drinking Pseudo Sue from Topping Goliath. Rob W. is drinking Hidden Moon Braggot IPA. Jenalea is drinking an Ever After from Servaes. Josh D. is drinking a homebrew APA. Gregg K. is drinking a tropical white IPA homebrew. Sherry is drinking Boujie juice. Sean B. is drinking MacGyvers Unicycle from Dimensional.
- This is our sixth time having a virtual meeting. We'll continue with virtual meetings until we can have an in-person meeting. If you have ideas for an alternative location we could meet while still socially distance, let Ryan know.
- Online/Virtual Hoppy Hour reminder every Thursday. Occasional trivia! Continuing through at least December. Ask if you’re having issues getting in.
- Members discussed postponing the Holiday Party, which is scheduled for Dec. 5. The W has said what we’ve already paid could be applied to next year’s date. Ryan will make a post on the forum to gather feedback, but the general consensus was to not have the event this year.
- Following a club vote, it's been decided to postpone Brewfest XXV to September 2021. An exact date will be announced soon. Even though we can't gather in person, we still want to celebrate! Ryan has started a forum thread to discuss ideas: https://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vi ... =21&t=4589
- 25th anniversary T-shirts are in! Ryan is setting up additional pickup times (looking at Sept. 13 and Sept. 24) Follow this thread for more info: https://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vi ... 494#p29589
- 88 paid members
- Jake has been corresponding with the church regarding rental fees during COVID-19 and what next year's contract will look like. Rent will be increasing from $800 to $900 (mostly because of increased sanitation efforts). When we do start meeting in person again, we’ll have four free months (not used from our current contract), and the remaining balance will be pro-rated.
- Money updates – Insurance was the big expense for last month. (see slides)
- What are you reading? Let Lynette know if there are books you’d like the club to purchase.
- Virtual Brewfest
- T-shirt pickup info
- Ryan and Josh led the seminar on brewing software.
- Ahaslides quiz and survey for two FREE copies of BeerSmith 3. Congrats to Steve F. and Ron S. for winning!