7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14, 2021
Virtual meeting due to COVID-19. Held via Zoom, Facebook Live and YouTube.
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d ... p=sharing
YouTube Live Meeting Seminar: https://youtu.be/ZkbFrQi0W_o
Facebook Live Meeting:
Part 1 - https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceBrewe ... 6923879874
Part 2 - https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceBrewe ... 871873881
- Presenters: Officers
- Drinking: Ryan is drinking a Deep Ellum IPA. Brian is drinking Quadratic Madness from Brew Lab. Steve B. is drinking Sierra Nevada Dankful. Steve F. is drinking The Great Cobra Scare of 53. Leigh is drinking Solemn Light Double Campfire Stout by Alma Mader. Jenalea is drinking Ever After - Blackberry Blueberry Raspberry, a smoothie-style sour from Servaes. Courtney is drinking Surly One Mash Mosh Pit IPA. Josh D. is drinking a homebrewed kölsch.
- This is our ninth time having a virtual meeting. We'll continue with virtual meetings until we can have an in-person meeting.
- Online/Virtual Hoppy Hour reminder every Thursday. Occasional trivia! Continuing through at least March. Ask if you’re having issues getting in.
- Thanks to everyone who attending the virtual holiday party or participated in the beer exchange!
- Earlier today, an email was sent out to vote on the 2021 officers. Because no races are contested, we asked members to pass the nominations as a slate. Nominations also were accepted during the meeting, but no nominations were submitted. The club elected the 2021 officers as Lynette Good, president; Josh DaVee, vice president; Jake Jeffers, treasurer; Jon Keffer, secretary; Tara Taylor, librarian; and Ryan Metcalf, biermeister.
- Brewfest XXV has been rescheduled for Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021. We’ll have the campsite beginning on that Thursday.
- 25th anniversary T-shirts are in, and there are a few that still need picked up! Check with Clint. To arrange pickup, message him on the forum or FB. Follow this thread for more info: https://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vi ... 494#p29589
- Ended the year with 91 paid members. Three members have paid so far for 2021, so please pay your dues! Remember to use the send money to “friends and family” option if paying via PayPal. Dues are $25/single and $35/family.
- Year in review: Not having Brewfest greatly affected our income and expenses in 2020. Not having the competition and holiday party also affected the budget. Because we didn’t have those events and didn’t pay rent for most of the year, we mostly maintained our balance. Net for the year was $637.63.
- The seminar featured special guest Liz from Imperial Yeast. She discussed process, products and answered questions from members.
- The tasting included three of the six clones of Bell’s Two Hearted Ale members brewed. These three were brewed by Steve F., Frank and Timothy. The next three will be tasted during February’s virtual meeting.