7 p.m. Thursday, Mar. 11, 2021
Virtual meeting due to COVID-19. Held via Zoom, Facebook Live and YouTube.
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing
Who has brewed recently or in the process of brewing?
- Lynette is drinking a “Black is Beautiful” collab from Little Apple Brewing and it’s hoppy.
- Jim McBride has just brewed a Saison
- Sean Beldon is drinking a hazier triple IPA
- Dale Wheeler is drinking a 12 month old ginger wit
- George Pheonix is drinking a Stormchaser
- Josh Davee is drinking Topplng Goliath
- This is our Twelfth time having a virtual meeting. We'll continue with virtual meetings until we can have an in-person meeting.
- We will be meeting virtually for at least two more months. We’re talking to the church about when we can meet again.
- Virtually hoppy hours continue until at least May
- We have a virtual Maifest with an all day Zoom meeting
- We are starting up a “shared equipment” spreadsheet where we can share equipment back and forth.
- We will be hosting a virtual Maifest this year
- Parkville in October
- Brewfest in October
- Holiday Party in December
- Brewing Competition, but we need to work out the details
- For Brewfest we would like to have co-chairs for the committees – one “old hand” and one new volunteer so we get information transfer.
- Beer Competition
We need to start working on organization for the competition
- 38 members so far
- Doing membership cards as an emailed PDF. You can print it off or use it on your phone.
- We may be getting un-negotiated discounts at some local breweries. Ask – you may get a discount.
- We still get discounts at several places that we know about.
- You can join any time, but if you have to join by June to get the member access to Brewfest
- Contact Tara to make arrangements.
- Pick up at Tara’s house until we’re able to meet in person again.
- Spring Brew
SEMINAR – Crispy Bois (not a BJCP style)
- Angelo and Alex from Yankee Tank talking about “Crispy Bois”
- Basically opposite of “Hazy Boys” (New England IPAs)
TASTING – German Pils – BJCP Style 5D
- Our next "Club Brewed" tasting will be “Spring Fruits” in May & June
- We will have Strawberry and Mango beers