November 2007

Monthly Meeting Minutes will be posted here.

Moderator: Officers

Bill
Brewmaster

November 2007

#1 Post by Bill » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:59 pm

Seminar
There was no seminar this month.

Tasting
Tasting was Dry Stouts. Sierra Nevada, Boulevard and the third one was the one I picked and I can?t remember the brewery name. I?m sure someone will reply w/ the name.

Announcements
Jeff Gill at TallGrass in Manhattan has invited the LBG to come out for a visit. Maybe we can do some lunch at the Blind Tiger, then trip on out to TallGrass for a tour. Maybe sometime in January?

Remember, no meeting in December, the December meeting is the LBG holiday. Bring sides and brew. No gift exchange.

A reminder was put out about the Bon Fire out at the X-Bar ranch.

Andy Booth asked about the officer elections in January. All positions are to be voted for, but I believe that only Vice President John Monoghan and Secretary Bill Carruth are able to server another year in the same position. There is a two-year term limit on officer positions.

Brewer of the year nominations will start in January and the award is delivered in May.

Any is picking up grain on Saturday. Check the board for more notifications.
Andy brought up the grain tote on the next order. There is a separate thread discussing the purchase of a tote for the next grain order. See http://lawrencebrewers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=815 for the thread. You must have member access to view that part of the board. If you don?t have access, please email president@lawrencebrewers.org requesting access. (this email address will change in the future)

Brewfest has been reserved for the same weekend (26th, 27th, 28th) and the 2 weekends before just in case.

Sat after Thanksgiving, a friend of Sean and Sherry?s are in an Irish rock band playing in Weston. Connacht Town is the name of the bad. They are offering up a caravan to take a trip and see them. Reply if interested. http://www.connachttown.com/

Nate announced the annual Boxing Day Blood Drive on Dec 26th. Details will be posted in the in the forums.

Gordon from the PowerPlant is having the Strong Ale Fest Dec 8th (day after LBG holiday party). Limited tickets. More details in the forums.

Mary Lynn entered a Melomel in the KC Cellar Masters and took 2nd place. Congrats Mary Lynn!

Odds & Ends

New Faces I always slaughter names in this section.
Brian, local, looking for a place to brew.
Zack, here to learn how to brew
Mikah- Knows Jesensen.
Lockwood.

Clean up
Brian and Zack volunteered for cleanup. Thanks guys
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us

cog_nate
Homebrewer

#2 Post by cog_nate » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:07 am

I'm pretty sure the last stout was BridgePort Brewing Company's Black Strap Stout.

Bill
Brewmaster

#3 Post by Bill » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:30 pm

cog_nate wrote:I'm pretty sure the last stout was BridgePort Brewing Company's Black Strap Stout.
Yup, that's it! Thanks Nate!
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us