Great Tast of the Midwest tragedy

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Greenblood
Brewmaster

Great Tast of the Midwest tragedy

#1 Post by Greenblood » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:55 pm

So as many of you know Erin and I drove up to Madison this year to get Great Taste tickets. We waited in line for 4 hours only to have the person in front of us buy the last 2 tickets. I got to come home with that story and a case of Belgian Red (not a total loss). As frustrated as I was, my spirits remained high as I entered the lotto. My Father entered the lotto as well.

fast forward to yesterday......

I received my check and my fathers check in the mail yesterday with a note saying the entries were disqualified for dual entry.

I am privileged to have been given my Father's name, and this is not the first time we have been mistaken for the same person. That said. The checks were printed with:

John J Monaghan Jr.
His address

John J Monaghan III
My address

Both checks were mailed from their respective households. All of this would point to us being two separate people.

Do the Madison Homebrewers reject any checks from people who live in the same town and have the same name? Good luck to all the John Smiths out there who want tickets to the Great Taste. You are screwed!

I sent them a polite email about the error, and I can only hope someone will make an effort to rectify it, but until then.......we remain ticketless.
Cheers!

John Monaghan

"If your feelings were grapes I would crush them. And then, after fermentation, drink them down. And quite possibly later, throw them up again."

cyburai
Uberbrewer

#2 Post by cyburai » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:32 pm

That's bullshit.
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

philip
Homebrewer

#3 Post by philip » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:57 pm

eBay.

Greenblood
Brewmaster

#4 Post by Greenblood » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:53 pm

philip wrote:eBay.
Thanks, but people who scalp tickets on ebay deserve to die in a fire! I would never purchase from any of them no matter how badly I wanted to attend.
Cheers!

John Monaghan

"If your feelings were grapes I would crush them. And then, after fermentation, drink them down. And quite possibly later, throw them up again."