question Fermcap-S Foam Inhibitor

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

sundy58
Homebrewer

question Fermcap-S Foam Inhibitor

#1 Post by sundy58 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:53 pm

Has anyone tried this product and what were the results? I am thinking about fermenting in Corny kegs for special occasions.

"Fermcap-S Foam Inhibitor: Prevent boil overs on the hot side, add a few drops per gallon for a nice rolling boil. On the cold side, Fermcap keeps the krausen in your fermenter to 1/2 an inch. Allows you to brew slightly larger quantities in your existing fermentation vessels. Use only two drops per gallon at the start of fermentation. Comes with dropper lid. Enough for about 50 batches. 4 oz."

Quoted from:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products ... rodID=5987
The Mojo is not as good as the Yeti, yeti it is pretty good beer.

Blktre
BrewLegend

#2 Post by Blktre » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:04 pm

Ive heard nothing but good things about this product from users on other beer forums. Most of those are using it in the fermentor. But, for me, the thought of adding something to stop something thats a natural thing doesnt seem rite. Ill stick w/ my blowoff for now. But, id be interested in your input. The main question i have is, whats the active ingreident and how does it work?
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

sundy58
Homebrewer

active ingredient

#3 Post by sundy58 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:08 am

Here's a link to info on what it is.

Normally I wouldn't use it but to ferment in a Corny I think it would be a help. I'm not sure how well the small line from a disconnect will handle blow off.

I want to ferment in the keg for my Greenland beer. Ferment, wait a couple of days, add priming sugar, wait a couple days, serve using the little keg chargers. Throw the first glass of beer away because it will be full of sediment.

http://www.brewerssupplygroup.com/brewi ... ontrol.php
The Mojo is not as good as the Yeti, yeti it is pretty good beer.