Making something for the kids

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

cyburai
Uberbrewer

Making something for the kids

#1 Post by cyburai » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:24 pm

Since I usually have a spare tap, what could I put in a keg for kids. Non-alcoholic.

John M suggested a carbinated juice recipe, which sounds good. I would like to have something for the kids, that's not just sugar pop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#2 Post by Jensen » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:04 pm

I know you said not pop, but there are some mighty fine rootbeer recipies that are always favorties of the kids. There are some that I think aren't outrageously sugar laden. I have a look and see what pops up.

rob

#3 Post by rob » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:14 am

It is not clear what event this is in relation to, so I don't know how many kids are going to be attending.

If you are making small quantities, it is possible to make sugar free versions of from the cream soda and root beer extract flavors. It just takes a lot of sucralose or aspartame. Flavor to taste -- don't try to calculate using the sugar equivalents, they don't scale up that high. And don't bother with the "measures like sugar" versions of the products. You are buying filler you don't want in this case.

2L pop bottles work well, as to 3 gallon kegs. They are notoriously hard to carbonate.