High Pressure Regulators

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

fergmeister
Brewmaster

High Pressure Regulators

#1 Post by fergmeister » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:29 am

Hi all,
It's new-find information letting time. I have recently upgraded the Tower of Power. We're now running 2 200,000 BTU propane burners. "That's hot". The find is you can get HP Regulators here in town but not where you'd think. After letting my fingers do the walking and getting turned down in all but one place, I found them. Heatco North of town sells not only propane but parts including custom made HP regulators and hoses. The regulators are what you have seen, but the hoses are heavy duty and detachable unlike the King Kooker type. Since the regulator is what usually goes out in the assembly, thats all you have to replace any more. The length of the hose is also unlimited. Monty at Heatco is the person to contact. He put one together for me in 1/2 hr and it costed $35.00. B&B sells them for about the same price but there is no extra cost for drive time and gas. Better product, component replacement, no drive.
Nuff Said
Chuck
Opportunity favors the prepared mind

Blktre
BrewLegend

#2 Post by Blktre » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:50 pm

nice tip Chuck. I will be getting my custom hoses built soon when i upgrade to a 750,000 btu 60 psi hi pressure reg!
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

cyburai
Uberbrewer

#3 Post by cyburai » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:08 pm

Heetco also helped me out with a hose problem I had. Something had punctured the line, and it was no longer safe to use.

After calling around, Heetco fixed me up with a new hose (longer one at that) for $10 or so.

And very nice people.
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company