Free Grape and Wine Workshop in Lawrence

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Frank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Free Grape and Wine Workshop in Lawrence

#1 Post by Frank » Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Grape and Wine Workshop

May 9, 2011, 6-8pm

Dreher Family 4-H Building, Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2110 Harper St, Lawrence

In cooperation with K-State Research and Extension - Douglas County, Highland Community College will host a workshop on growing grapes, making wine and the Kansas Grape and Wine Industry. The workshop is free to the public and will run 6:00-8:00pm. Dominic Martin, Viticulture and Enology Instructor will conduct the workshops, discussing how to get started in the grape/wine industry as well as other topics including first spray application of the season, spray scheduling, pests and diseases, training vines, soil acidity, petiole sampling, cluster thinning and fruit load, irrigation systems, cover crops for between rows, and five things that must be done before planting a vineyard or opening a winery. The workshop will be May 9th in Lawrence. To RSVP, please contact either Scott Kohl at HCC-Wamego 785-456-6006 or Douglas County Extension Agent Jennifer Smith 785-843-7058.

http://wellcommons.com/groups/locavores ... -workshop/
Frank Dillon
Twitter @JHawkBeerMaker

"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.” – Dave Barry

Bill
Brewmaster

Re: Free Grape and Wine Workshop in Lawrence

#2 Post by Bill » Mon May 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks for the post Frank. I plan on attending. We have grapes and elderberries that I'd like to use for wine. Elderberries are a cinch, just let them grow. Grapes on the other hand take more work, which I need to learn.

Looking forward to it.
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us

Bill
Brewmaster

Re: Free Grape and Wine Workshop in Lawrence

#3 Post by Bill » Mon May 09, 2011 10:57 pm

So how did this go? I ended up having to go to a friend's daughter's 6th grade orchestra concert. I'm sure I had way more fun :roll:
Thanks!

--Bill

all your mash are belong to us