Brewfest T-Shirts

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Would you buy a Brewfest T-Shirt?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 15

cyburai
Uberbrewer

Brewfest T-Shirts

#1 Post by cyburai » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:28 am

Matt requested a poll to get a feel for how many people would buy a t-shirt if it was available.

So here it is...
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

Blktre
BrewLegend

#2 Post by Blktre » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:56 am

i voted yes. i might even buy 2 :lol:
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

cyburai
Uberbrewer

#3 Post by cyburai » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 am

I would like to get a feel for what a t-shirt would look like. And sizes. Last year I ordered 2 only to get them in the wrong size.
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

Greenblood
Brewmaster

#4 Post by Greenblood » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:10 am

I would buy 2. Matt said that last years shirts ran a bit large. We will need to see the shirts before having them printed to get a feel for the sizes we will be getting.

John
Cheers!

John Monaghan

"If your feelings were grapes I would crush them. And then, after fermentation, drink them down. And quite possibly later, throw them up again."

Snowman
Homebrewer

#5 Post by Snowman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:29 am

I'd want one. I'm thinking a sample of shirt sizes at the next meeting would be good. I bet Matt will have a shirt design ready by then too.

barry
Homebrewer

#6 Post by barry » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:11 pm

last year we had the shirts done at granstand sportsware.
they do the glasses for us.
it might be worth looking into bluecollarpress.com to
compare prices.
they are local too.

Matt
Uberbrewer

#7 Post by Matt » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:16 am

Snowman wrote:I'd want one. I'm thinking a sample of shirt sizes at the next meeting would be good. I bet Matt will have a shirt design ready by then too.
I'm willing and able... I'll see what I can come up with for the next meeting, sure. But I don't want this to turn into some sort of competition. If someone else wants to design shirts this year (like Amy, for example), then that's cool by me. I'll plan on bringing a design to the next meeting though, and I guess the members can decide which one they like best and go from there.
barry wrote:last year we had the shirts done at granstand sportsware.
they do the glasses for us.
it might be worth looking into bluecollarpress.com to compare prices.
they are local too.
I did quite a bit of research last year to see who was best in the area, and if memory serves, Blue Collar Press actually did have the best deal. And personally, I think we would have gotten better quality had we gone with them (shirt sizes AND the printing itself). Grandstand does a great job on the glasses, but I'd really second Barry's comment that whomever does the shirts takes a good look at Blue Collar this year.

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

shane
Craft Brewer

#8 Post by shane » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:46 pm

I thought this thread was for the poll?? lets try to keep the shirt ideas on same thread. :confused2:

sherrybob
Homebrewer

shirts

#9 Post by sherrybob » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:36 am

Amy and I have talked some and I need to get with her more about this, since we got on the subject at Muggs for Juggs. Something other than your basic T was what we were thinking - you know, something maybe more feminine (read sexy) for us ladies.

We were thinking of trying to raise some funds by selling them at Brewfest with the proceeds going toward an organization that is legislatively-oriented. Phil Bradley can help us figure out an appropriate group that works for less crazy brewing laws in Kansas.

Is there a thread for this topic, or am I already in it?
Sherry
Beer Haiku:
Delicious Homebrew
Nectar from nature's bounty
No hangovers here