January Meeting

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Pentaquark
Homebrewer

January Meeting

#1 Post by Pentaquark » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Hello,

I missed yesterday's meeting and I'm concerned that was the only meeting of the year to officially 'join' the club by paying my dues. I was told back in Nov that it's only done once a year? I hope I didn't miss it!
-Allen

hautlle
Little Beer

Re: January Meeting

#2 Post by hautlle » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm interested in this information as well. I was at the meeting but didn't have cash/checkbook on me. Do I need to get in contact with someone or can I take care of it at the meeting next month?
Justin Corbin
Twitter @hautlle
My Hopville Beer Recipes

Frank
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by Frank » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:55 pm

You can pay dues and join at anytime up until the July meeting. After the July meeting joining is closed because of Brewfest in September. Brewfest is out annual party at Clinton lake.
Frank Dillon
Twitter @JHawkBeerMaker

"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.” – Dave Barry

Steve Brown
Brewmaster

#4 Post by Steve Brown » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:47 pm

hautlle wrote:I'm interested in this information as well. I was at the meeting but didn't have cash/checkbook on me. Do I need to get in contact with someone or can I take care of it at the meeting next month?
You can send an email to the treasurer to find out where to pay in case the next meeting isn't soon enough!

And membership does have its perks:
-Access to the members-only part of the forum so you can stay up-to-date on important LBG matters and events.
-Eligibility for bulk-buying opportunities. One is in progress NOW, so that would be one reason not to wait - especially extract and partial-mash brewers. As discussed last night, the current order will go to a source for extracts. I know there was a lot of new info last night and it was presented in a social forum, so N.B.: savings are significant over the LHSs. Bulk extracts probably will not be available through LBG again for another year. (Buy one bag of grain or extract and the membership is more than paid for.)
-A library of quality resources.
-Monthly tastings (these are worth more than the cost of membership).
-The possibility of eligibility to attend Brewfest. (Not all members are automatically eligible. If you're a member, you can read the forums and find out how to become eligible!!)
-Discounts at local merchants of essential supplies.
--Much, much more.
Life begins at 100. 100 IBUs, that is!

"Hard work may not kill you - but why take the chance." -- B. Franklin