Interesting Evening

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

klickcue
Brewmaster

Interesting Evening

#1 Post by klickcue » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 pm

I didn't make it to Andy's :x social brew this morning since I was deep into a project so I called him to wish him a good day. Andy had a good day to brew with and hope all went well.

Called Steve B. this evening after he got off work and told him that his yeast was ready. I gave him enough yeast for 2 x 1.065 SG batches at 5 gallon yeast plus a starter for his future batches.

Steve and I conversed for about 4 hours this evening drinking pint pours of Kolsch. Plus, I found out that Steve was a pepper head like I am. We talked about a lot of topic tonight. :P Steve is quite versed in many topics.

A very fine evening that I don't get to do much of anymore. Thanks Steve.
Have Fun!

Chris

klickcue
Brewmaster

Re: Interesting Evening

#2 Post by klickcue » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:19 am

klickcue wrote: Steve and I conversed for about 4 hours this evening drinking pint pours of Kolsch.
I found out something that I didn't know from Steve (he has been to Germany) is that the color of Kolsch varies in the city.

Maybe Steve can expand on my statement 8)
Have Fun!

Chris

Blktre
BrewLegend

#3 Post by Blktre » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:46 am

Good times, Good friends!
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

Rob Martin
Uberbrewer

#4 Post by Rob Martin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:38 pm

klickcue wrote: Steve is quite versed in many topics.
Yes he is...great guy to have a few (or more) beers with

cyburai
Uberbrewer

#5 Post by cyburai » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:23 pm

agreed.
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#6 Post by Jensen » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:21 pm

Agreed as well. Maybe Steve should start a beer companion/drinking service. I think it would be in high demand. He'll need one of those cellular credit card swipers... :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
**Podcasts are a way of multi-tasking.**

Steve Brown
Brewmaster

#7 Post by Steve Brown » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Jensen wrote:Agreed as well. Maybe Steve should start a beer companion/drinking service. I think it would be in high demand. He'll need one of those cellular credit card swipers... :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
OK, looks like I need to standardize rates for people who desire my imbibing companionship. After the demand is stable at an overwhelming pace, I'll consider raffling off an "Evening with Steve" - with proceeds to go to my favorite charity. (Hmmm, what would that be??!! Maybe I need first to register my superpac.)

I hereby take this opportunity to publicly announce my availability as a write-in candidate for President of the United States based on the Presidential Beer Test. (Seems someone won largely based on this in about 2004....) http://www.beerinstitute.org/BeerInstit ... -17-12.pdf

I'd be able to continue a recently-revived tradition of presidents who were home-brewers! http://obamafoodorama.blogspot.com/2011 ... rewed.html

Then again, perhaps I should merely settle for James Madison's proposed cabinet position: Secretary of Beer....
http://www.beerfellows.com/2012/02/whic ... -have.html

Nope, it's all or none: Remember this November to write-in "Steve" for President!
Life begins at 100. 100 IBUs, that is!

"Hard work may not kill you - but why take the chance." -- B. Franklin