We need to keep the "Next LBG Meeting" info updated better!

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

mushhawk
Little Beer

We need to keep the "Next LBG Meeting" info updated better!

#1 Post by mushhawk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi,
I am a new user on the forums. I plan to come to the next LBG meeting and join officially.
There's something that I noticed that might need to be fixed on the LGB site...

I have visited the site several times in the last few months.
The "Next LGB Meeting" information is always a month behind.
http://lawrencebrewers.org/main/index.p ... e&Itemid=1
Right now, it says the next meeting is July 12th. Who is in charge of updating the site?

It should be updated the day after the previous meeting takes place.
This could really hurt us with new members.
People who are already members might know when the next meeting is, but for people who are new brewers and happen upon the site, this information being up to date is crucial!

I'm a newbie on here, but this is a big oversight that I've noticed since I came upon the site a few months ago.
I wanted to point it out, so we could fix the problem.

See you guys next meeting!
"...I was in Thailand, playing ping pong in Ding Dang..."

Jensen
Uberbrewer

Re: We need to keep the "Next LBG Meeting" info updated bett

#2 Post by Jensen » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Wow, Oppps, and uhhhh.... Thank you for pointing this out! It will be taken care of from here on out! :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino:
**Podcasts are a way of multi-tasking.**

Steve Brown
Brewmaster

#3 Post by Steve Brown » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah, some of us have been really busy in Madison... :)

In case the homepage isn't updated, meetings are always the second Thursday of the month, and there's generally no meeting in December.
Life begins at 100. 100 IBUs, that is!

"Hard work may not kill you - but why take the chance." -- B. Franklin

mushhawk
Little Beer

#4 Post by mushhawk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm glad to help by pointing this out.

And here's a perfect example of why it needs to be updated:
I thought it was just 1 month behind. It's actually 2 months behind.
I thought this month's meeting was August 16th. Apparently it already took place.
I was going to come to the August meeting, which I thought was this coming Thursday, pay dues, get info about beer fest and officially join.
Apparently the meeting already took place this month though! :cry:
I thought it was 1 month behind. It's actually 2 months behind though.

FYI: I just checked the site. It actually still hasn't been updated.

Steve Brown
Brewmaster

#5 Post by Steve Brown » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks again for pointing this out. The people who do the lions share of maintaining the site have been out of town, but someone will take care of this very soon. If not, later. RDWHAHB

In the meantime please know that meetings are the second Thursday of the month, with generally no December meeting.

The next meeting will be September 13, and there will be much discussion of Brewfest as we wind up preparations. In the meantime, please send an email to the treasurer so you can make arrangements to become a paid member and access the members section of the forum where there is much posted info regarding Brewfest. This can be done anytime, and you can pay via paypal for your convenience (membership is $20/single, $30/family). You'll have about a month before the next meeting to read up on the forum and see what sorts of prep goes on for Brewfest, as well as access all sorts of great info and tips related to brewing!

N.B.: Membership is **NOT** a guarantee to attend Brewfest. Every year there are paid-up members-in-good-standing who do not get to attend our own party! To attend Brewfest, members must brew and donate a full 5-gallon keg. Flights are full for this year and donations are no longer being taken. To attend, you (and all members who don't donate) will have to buy a ticket. This is a closed event, and there are a limited number of tickets. Tickets can only be purchased from a member who has donated beer and has extras. At this point in time, there probably are not very many available (but good luck finding one!). If you join now and are current and active next year, then you'll be in good position to volunteer for committee work, donate beer, and attend Brewfest 2013!

EDIT (5:05pm): Donations are still being accepted until August 29. More info is available on the donations thread and in the Brewfest discussion areas.
Life begins at 100. 100 IBUs, that is!

"Hard work may not kill you - but why take the chance." -- B. Franklin

mushhawk
Little Beer

#6 Post by mushhawk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm

I was telling Frank that I design web sites part time.
I would be glad to help out and be an extra hand in updating little stuff like this in a more timely basis.
I have the software on my computer for web updating, so I would be more than happy to lend some help on a monthly basis if the main web guy doesn't have time to do so.

I wouldn't want to take over their duties or anything, but would be available to help out and update little things like this on the site periodically.
I would just need the FTP login information for the site.

cyburai
Uberbrewer

#7 Post by cyburai » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm

It's updated. If you want to be the backup on the website, just let me know.

I've been out of town for roughly 3 weeks and hobbies sometimes takes backseat to regular life.
~Cyburai / Sean

"And so it was said: that on the eighth and extra day, God did indeed create beer to prevent the Irish from conquering the world."
- Old Irish Proverb

X Bar Brewing Company

mushhawk
Little Beer

#8 Post by mushhawk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Sure, I'd be glad to help.
I didn't want to step on anyone's toes.
I'd be happy to be a backup to update little things like this and help out though.

Can you PM me the FTP login info for the site?
Then I could help out any time we need a backup.