Kegging Questions...

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

mushhawk
Little Beer

Re: Kegging Questions...

#16 Post by mushhawk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks again guys!
I have it setting in my closet at room temp for the time being. So, it is set at 30psi per the chart.
Actually the chart doesn't go above 65degrees, but that was as close as the chart got me to the temp I've got the beer at.

My brother is going to be able to get a kegorator next Monday, so I will put it in that then and crank the pressure down to 12psi or so...
"...I was in Thailand, playing ping pong in Ding Dang..."

mushhawk
Little Beer

#17 Post by mushhawk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 pm

One other question, just to make sure I have the right setting on the regulator.
So, I've finished pressurizing the keg with CO2. It was at room temp for the past couple weeks, and I had it around 30psi per the chart.
Today my brother was able to get the kegerator. I just put it in there this morning. It is roughly around 36 degrees.
I cranked the regulator down to 12psi per the chart for the Hefeweizen beer style.

To get to my question.....is 12psi the correct serving pressure for the beer through the tap lines as well.
I think I've heard that # thrown around for pressures to serve the beer.

If there's anything else I haven't thought of, please let me know.
I have about 600psi left in my 5lb CO2 tank. I have a backup as well with about 700psi in it. I put both the keg and the cannisters in the kegerator. That way, everything's as chilled as possible.
Thanks again guys! Without your help, this would've been a LOT more difficult. I knew almost nothing about kegging a few weeks ago and feel almost like an expert now.
"...I was in Thailand, playing ping pong in Ding Dang..."

JMcG
Brewmaster

#18 Post by JMcG » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:54 am

Your regulator will show less CO2 in the tank when its chilled. Serving pressure will vary with your system (length and diameter, etc).
I only need about 4-6 psi for my system since I just push though one foot of tubing to a picnic tap. Your Hefe may want to foam since its a high carb beer. You might want to vent the keg, then try pouring with the residual gas in the system. Add pressure until you get the pour you want.