Kegerator shelf

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Sláinte!
Homebrewer

Kegerator shelf

#1 Post by Sláinte! » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm just about finished making a bi-level shelf for my side-by-side kegerator.

Both shelves are plywood; the bottom shelf rests on the hump in back and has two 2x4 legs in front. The top shelf is freestanding with PVC pipe legs.

I am wrapping both plywood shelves with galvanized steel, primarily to make smooth surfaces that are easy to wipe clean. I already have done the bottom shelf myself and it took a long time because I don't have a sheet metal brake. There was a lot of clamping and hammering involved.

Does anyone know where I could go in town to have the sheet metal for the top shelf bent that won't cost a lot of money? It's probably a 5- to 10-minute job, even they cut the sheet down to size. The results would look better than what I did, too.
Dan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tap: Scottish Export 80
Primary: Empty
Secondary/Lagering: Empty
Bottled: Bourbon Barrel Porter, Cherry-Infused Bourbon Barrel Porter, '100' American Barleywine, Midas Touch Clone II, Doppelsticke Altbier

kevputo
Homebrewer

Re: Kegerator shelf

#2 Post by kevputo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

It's been several years, but I had some similar one-off metal fab done by Zimmerman Steel (19th, just W of Haskell), and Kansas Manufacturing (N Lawrence). Might check with them?
Kevin Hansen