Chemistry student needs some help!!

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

LocoBrew
Homebrewer

Chemistry student needs some help!!

#1 Post by LocoBrew » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:36 am

Hello!

My name is Trevor Prater. I am a chemical engineering major at the University of Kansas. I would like to know if the Lawrence Brewers Guild would be interested in helping out with an event I would like to put on in the Fall. But first, here's some background information.

I am part of a leadership program at KU called the Self Engineering Leadership Fellows Program. Through this program, fellows going into their senior year must complete a capstone project on something that they are passionate about. I love brewing and drinking good beer and hope to use my degree in chemical engineering to someday have a career making it. Therefore, for my project I would really like to put on an event to teach KU students and the Lawrence community about the chemistry behind making beer, how to brew it at home, and garner appreciation for good beer in general.

What I am looking for is people who could give lectures on the chemistry behind beer and home brewing and some general advice or support for the event. If this sounds like something you would be at all interested in helping out with, or know of anyone who you think might be interested, please e-mail me back at trevorprater@ku.edu or call me at 316-207-6843

Best Regards,

Trevor Prater
University of Kansas
Chemical Engineering Undergraduate
(316) 207-6843
trevorprater@ku.edu
Angelo Ruiz