You know you want to!

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

J & T Brews
Homebrewer

You know you want to!

#1 Post by J & T Brews » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:34 am

Have you ever had beer for breakfast? Com on,... if you haven’t you know you want to! Whether from necessity, “the Hair of the Dog” or just starting out your weekend day! I was with the crew that went to the Nebraska Brewfest and we were treated to Bloody Mary’s and Beer Mosa’s for breakfast! After the previous nights party we welcomed those delicious treats!

At the LBG Brew fest, Saturday and Sunday mornings, Beer its what’s for breakfast!

Does beer for breakfast have to be a beer containing oats, milk, coffee, maple syrup, or bacon, No, but it couldn’t hurt! There are many examples of a beer that would pair well for Breakfast. Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Rouge Hazelnut Brown Necter, Bells Expedition Stout, Lost Coast Brewery Tangerine Wheat, Mikkeller Beer Geek breakfast, Kona Brewing Pipeline Porter, Dog Fish Head Black & Blue, Left Hand JuJu ginger Ale, Michelada Red Beer, Bacon beer. those are the top ten by Phoenix New Times.

I can add a couple to this list, Ballast Points Grapefruit Sculpin, and Coffee Vanilla Cream ale. I just discovered the New Belgium Accumulation, a White India Pale Ale. Our own Snow Day Winter Brew Imperial Chocolate Stout, and Crazy Java coffee Cream Ale. I am still searching for the elusive maple syrup or bacon beer!

The 21st Amendment Brewery is making as Toaster Pastry beer, a red India Pale ale that pays homage to Pop-Tarts, according to fortune.com. And they are not the only ones to use cereal in beer, last year Black Bottle Brewery went to all the Albertsons grocery stores in Fort Collins and bought up all the Count-Chocula cereal to make its Count-Chocula flavored beer. Sean Nook the founder said they used a milk stout as a base and it tasted more like chocolate than cereal. This year General Mills will supply all the cereal needs directly to the brewery!

So whether you are flipping stacks of jacks loaded with butter& maple syrup, or huevos rancheros, or just your plain old eggs and bacon, what’s your Beer for breakfast?

Cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
James
J & T Brews

Rugger1978
Craft Brewer

Re: You know you want to!

#2 Post by Rugger1978 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Beer for breakfast, sounds like a great way to fuel my alcoholism! :P Actually, to be truthful, I've had beer for breakfast on rare occasions such as tailgating at a Chiefs game. I think my earliest has been 6:30am. :roll:
Jared Rudy
Fat Back Brewing
On Tap: Irish Red Ale, Vienna Lager, American Wheat, Belgian Triple, Oatmeal Stout, Saison, Hard Cider
Primary: Oktoberfest-Marzen
Kegged/Ageing: Russian Imperial Stout, Oktoberfest-Marzen
Next Brew: Vienna Lager or an IPA