Introductions - Start here!

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

tombastian

Re: Introductions - Start here!

#91 Post by tombastian » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Tom Bastian and I joined the club in January. I'm in the process of relocation from the Philadelphia area to Lawrence and have been brewing for close to 10 years. I was very active in the brewing community in Philadelphia and hope to do the same out here. I keep a brewing blog that will give you the idea of the types of beer I enjoy brewing and some of the things I have been involved with. I need to do a better job at keeping up with it, but it has some decent info. http://bastianbrewing.blogspot.com

I wasn't able to make it to the February meeting and I'll be in the process of moving my family from the east coast out to Lawrence during the March meeting, but come April I plan to make most meetings and I should have my "brewhouse" up and running over on 19th street come late March.

toolman
Homebrewer

#92 Post by toolman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 am

welcome to LBG and Kansas !

orval

kwgodwin
Craft Brewer

#93 Post by kwgodwin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 am

Welcome Tom!

I've added you to the members group. You should now have access to the members-only section of the forum.

Ken

JeffBryant

#94 Post by JeffBryant » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey everyone!
My name is Jeff Bryant. Been to three of the meetings so far, joined officially at the March meeting. I've been brewing for around 3 years now, doing extract and partial mash batches. Working on getting an electric rig together, to start my all grain brewing. I came into brewing thinking I would be able to make quality beer at home, and save a few bucks over liquor store prices. I couldn't have predicted back then that my "hobby" would become an obsession that I keep throwing money at! Love brewing, and love spending time and money doing it.

Jeff
"What is with these people who ask me what my favorite type of beer is!!?? All of them, duh!"
Ferm 1: Surly Bender Clone
Ferm 2: Empty :(
Ferm 3: Empty :(
On Deck: Heady Topper Clone (Mmmmm... Hops...)
In the Hole:

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#95 Post by Jensen » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:31 pm

JeffBryant wrote:Hey everyone!
I came into brewing thinking I would be able to make quality beer at home, and save a few bucks over liquor store prices. I couldn't have predicted back then that my "hobby" would become an obsession that I keep throwing money at! Love brewing, and love spending time and money doing it.

Word.
**Podcasts are a way of multi-tasking.**

ChrisVandRachelB

#96 Post by ChrisVandRachelB » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi all,

My name is Chris Voll and my girlfriend is Rachel Bromberg - we joined LBG a few months ago and have been really enjoying going to the meetings. I've been brewing for 2 years now and Rachel has been my official taste-tester. We're excited to be a part of LBG and look forward to participating more!

Blktre
BrewLegend

#97 Post by Blktre » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Welcome back. Hope to see ya at the meeting tomorrow night. Guess you know it was rescheduled to August 14.
Just call me Andy!

Lupulin Threshold Shift
lupulin threshold shift \lu·pu·lin thresh·old shift\ n
1. When a once extraordinarily hoppy beer now seems pedestrian.
2. The phenomenon a person has when craving more bitterness in beer.
3. The long-term exposure to extremely hoppy beers; if excessive or prolonged, a habitual dependence on hops will occur.
4. When a "Double IPA" just is not enough

Roadie

#98 Post by Roadie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey everyone. My name is John and I'll be attending my first meeting on 9/12 with my sons Nick (transfered to KU and starting classes next week) and Chris. Jarrell "Snowman" told me about how great the group was so we'll be joining at our first meeting.

We are going to be brewing our first beer at Brew Lab in OP on Sunday; doing a 10g AG batch using their equipment. We will ferment in the fridge in our finished basement (first repurposed casualty) and then keg and put into a keezer that we haven't bought or built yet. Gravitating toward an electric 20g vessel setup just like what we will brew on this weekend.

I'm a former saltwater reefer and need to take my in-wall tanks out along with 2 other tanks sitting in my former fish room and convert that basement space to a bar with our brew setup off in one corner. Nothing that a crap load of work and a ton of cash can't accomplish - neither of which I have enough of right now - but that's the goal as time/funds allow.

Rugger1978
Craft Brewer

#99 Post by Rugger1978 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Welcome to fun hobby of brewing. Looks forward to meeting you next month. Cheers!
Jared Rudy
Fat Back Brewing
On Tap: Irish Red Ale, Vienna Lager, American Wheat, Belgian Triple, Oatmeal Stout, Saison, Hard Cider
Primary: Oktoberfest-Marzen
Kegged/Ageing: Russian Imperial Stout, Oktoberfest-Marzen
Next Brew: Vienna Lager or an IPA

Maggy

#100 Post by Maggy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:35 pm

I am Maggy. Franks wife. HI! :flower:

bmyoung98

#101 Post by bmyoung98 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi. My name is Brandon. I just started home brewing and I'm looking forward to coming out to the meeting next Thursday to introduce myself.

JayHawkeBrewer
Homebrewer

#102 Post by JayHawkeBrewer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi my name is Jason. My buddy Garrett and I just started brewing about 6 weeks ago. We've brewed 2 batches from extract kits so far, with mixed results. We are looking forward to coming out on Thursday and meeting everyone. We are gearing up to go to Grain, so all tips will be accepted :)

See you soon!

rubix1011

#103 Post by rubix1011 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:02 am

Hey everyone....I'm Garrett....as mentioned above. Really looking to get into the science and tech of DIY home brewing and have found that I'm really liking all the subtle considerations to plan for, recipes and actual processes themselves. Technical and scientific by nature, I'm really drawn by finding out 'if I do this, what happens next' based on variations at different points of the start->finish brew/drink.

Looking forward to going to grain in the coming weeks...

Melonmon
Craft Brewer

#104 Post by Melonmon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Brandon and Jason,

Looking forward to meeting you tonight. Welcome!

Ellen

DCBS66603

#105 Post by DCBS66603 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:13 pm

My name is William White, and I have been brewing for about 13 years. I am currently the president of the Midwest Brewers Guild and owner of Downtown Craft Brew. I really have always had a genuine love to find out how things are made. I made the worst beer of my life, which was better than Budweiser and have not looked back..lol.