Frankenyeast IV is out

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer

Frankenyeast IV is out

#1 Post by ryanmetcalf » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:33 pm

https://southernhillshomebrew.com/products/frankenyeast
Frankenyeast IV: A New Hope
62 packs of 25 different yeast strains from 5 different yeast labs. This installation of Frankenyeast features standard American, European, and one Australian yeast strain. Make your own Frankenbeer at Southern Hills Homebrew Supply!

There are no guarantees of any kind with Frankenyeast. We can't tell you what your resulting beer will taste like.
Frankenyeast I – Standard clean ale yeast strains. The one that started it all.

Frankenyeast II: The Belgae – All wheat and Belgian strains. Many good beers were made with this.

Frankenyeast III: Frankenlager – Imma be honest with you, this wasn’t that great and we won’t be doing it again.
If you're unfamiliar with the backstory on these
https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/co ... _new_hope/
First, a little background. I run an LHBS in beautiful, rural, southwest Virginia. Running a homebrew store is pretty fun but does come with some headaches. One of those headaches is liquid yeast that goes out of date.

As most of you know, you can quite often bring back to life an out of date yeast by making a yeast starter. As such, we hold on to our out of date stuff and sell it for $1.99 a pack. The out of date stuff that still doesn’t sell gets set aside in our cooler and just sort of collects there. Every once in a while I sort through that stuff and make what we call Frankenyeast. This is the fourth installment in our series.

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer

Re: Frankenyeast IV is out

#2 Post by ryanmetcalf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 pm

My FrankenYeast arrives Thurs night, anyone want a liter or two for a Saturday/Sunday or even next week brew day?
Depending on interest, was debating doing upwards of 2 gal starter. I've got 2L and 4L flasks, but could easily do it in a carboy

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer

Re: Frankenyeast IV is out

#3 Post by ryanmetcalf » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:08 am

Starter was looking good this morning