Boulevard Brewing Co. becomes lightning rod for criticism following tepid response to sexual harassment allegations

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer

Boulevard Brewing Co. becomes lightning rod for criticism following tepid response to sexual harassment allegations

#1 Post by ryanmetcalf » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:37 pm

https://www.thepitchkc.com/boulevard-br ... legations/
Over the weekend, Kansas City found itself in the national spotlight via a viral Reddit post. The author, a former female employee of Boulevard Brewing Co., accused the company of multiple instances of blatant sexism and harassment. She provided a detailed account of situations involving herself and other women in the employ of the local brewery, and shared her experience with having human resources and management ignore or diminish the claims of herself and other employees.

When the world thinks about Kansas City, behind BBQ and our sports teams, Boulevard Brewery is obviously in the top five. With an organization that represents the city as the whole, seeing coast to coast admonishment of the institution’s behavior is a distressing situation. One that calls for a swift and engaging response.

Instead, Boulevard has stumbled through a series of reactions that have only drawn greater public ire and has even emboldened the workforce to consider taking their own immediate action against the company.

Frank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Boulevard Brewing Co. becomes lightning rod for criticism following tepid response to sexual harassment allegations

#2 Post by Frank » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:25 pm

I saw that John has decided to leave retirement and start running things again.
Frank Dillon
Twitter @JHawkBeerMaker

"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.” – Dave Barry