Off-topic... roommate needed.

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Matt
Uberbrewer

Off-topic... roommate needed.

#1 Post by Matt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:58 am

I need to find someone cool that I would want to live with within the next few months.

My lease is up on August 1, and while I very much plan to renew it, my roommate has decided to move on.

It's definitely nothing personal, he's just recently gotten a very cool offer from some other friends that he just couldn't turn down. I understand completely and I wish him the best.

However, that does leave me in a bit of a pinch. When he leaves, half the rent money goes with him. And as much as I love the concept of having this place to myself, swinging the rent myself does not sound like that much fun. So I'm on the lookout for a cool, clean, responsible but fun person to share this sweet bachelor pad with.

The apartment is on the 700 block of Massachusetts, it's a two-bedroom with plenty of space for two people, a washer and dryer in the unit, a kegerator and bar, an all-grain brewing rig (that's so close to finished I can taste it! w00t!), a parking space in the alley - one for each of us (mythical in downtown living, and yet, they're there!), a pretty decent kitchen set-up, cable internet, and more... all for $350/mo. (That's $700 total.) Gas and electric are extra, but water is paid.

Anyway... I'm posting this here because I had three good years with a fellow brewer, and I think that my best bet is to find another one. After all, who better to appreciate what makes me tick? I know there aren't a lot of single guys in the guild, but it's worth a shot to put the word out here. At the very least, one of you might know somebody cool who's in the market for a new place between now and August 1.

PM me if you're interested or know somebody cool who might be. Sorry for posting off-topic, but I've only got a few months to find somebody, so I'm using the shotgun approach. :)

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing

supersloth
Homebrewer

#2 Post by supersloth » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:37 pm

OK!!! I will be right over! Is it cool to bring my wife,two kids,4 dogs, 2 cats,and 1 hamster? :D I will keep a eye out for you.

Gordo
BEER!! It's what's for dinner!

Matt
Uberbrewer

#3 Post by Matt » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Hmmmmm... can your wife cook? :wink:

Matt
Matt Bechtold
Anvil Chorus Brewing