7 p.m. Thursday, April 11, 2019
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sharing
- Cleanup Crew: Leigh, Josh
- May Hoppy Hour will be at Black Stag.
- Competition entries due by Wednesday, April 17. Judging will be 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, April 24, and 7-9 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at the Free State Production Facility. Sign up to judge or steward at lawrencebrewers.org/competition. The discount code for LBG members will be LBGMEMBER2019. Anyone using this discount code who is not a member will forfeit the entry fee and will not have their beer judged. Do not share the discount code with anyone who is not a paid LBG member! Lots of prizes and two scale-ups will be up for grabs!
- Parkville location has moved because of flooding.
- Pints for Pets is scheduled for Saturday, May 11.
- Maifest and the awards ceremony for the competition has a new location: Lawrence Creates Makerspace at 512 E. Ninth St. Bring a side and beer to share. The LBG will provide the meat and tableware. Resources will be available to brew on site. Talk to Ryan if you have questions about brewing. Raffle will be back!
- KC Nanofest is Saturday, May 18. Blind Piper (Nate and Bruce) and Josh DaVee will have booths.
- The LBG will once again receive 15 tickets for Great Taste of the Midwest. If you’re interested in claiming tickets, see Steve Brown’s forum post at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4383.
- The library has reached out regarding its How To Festival on June 15. If you’re interested in helping, see the forum post at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4392.
- $5,878.24 (needs updated) in funds
- Make sure you’re using the “send money to family and friends” option when you’re paying via PayPal.
- Great Taste tickets will be paid for soon, but we will be reimbursed as tickets sell (minus a $10 shipping and handling fee).
- Ellen Jensen is still on file as the “registered agent” for the club’s non-profit filing. Members voted to change it to the club’s name and have John McClure’s address listed.
Lynette has a signed copy of “Kansas Beer.”
The membership approved the following updates to the library policy:
- Loan periods - Items are checked out in intervals of two months.
- Item limits - A maximum of five library articles may be in circulation to a patron at any given time.
- Renewals - Most items are renewable up to 3 times unless they have been requested by another patron.
- Requests - If an item you want is already checked out, you may ask to have it held for you when it is returned.
- Lost or damaged Items - Materials that have not been returned at eight months past initial checkout are considered lost, and the current replacement value of lost items will be owed before membership can be renewed for the next cycle.
- Leigh, Clint and Jarrod led the seminar on bottling vs. kegging.
- The May seminar will include discussion with Phil Bradley about Kansas liquor laws.
- Tara Taylor will lead the June seminar on wine making.
- Fields and Ivy discussion/tasting will be the July seminar.
- Jim led the tasting on American IPAs.