Events involving Brewing or Tasting.

Moderator: Officers

beercritter
Officer
Officer
Craft Brewer

LBG 25th Anniversary in 2020

#1 Post by beercritter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Hey, everyone. If you're not aware, the LBG will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2020! For the 20th anniversary, we organized a couple events throughout the year, and I'd love to see us do even more of that for this anniversary! It also would be cool to incorporate the anniversary theme into other events we already do -- competition, Brewfest, Hoppy Hours, etc.

I'm forming a committee of people who would like to be involved with planning these special events. I'd like to have a handful of people to brainstorm ideas and come up with a game plan. If that's you, please comment here or just hit me up on Facebook or in person!
Jenalea Myers
Critter Brewing Co.

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer
Craft Brewer

Re: LBG 25th Anniversary in 2020

#2 Post by ryanmetcalf » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:08 am

I'd like to be part of the 2020/25th Committee! I've got lots of ideas! :bounce:

jwkeffer
Homebrewer

#3 Post by jwkeffer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:17 pm

Yeah... I'll help out.
-----------------------
Jon Keffer
Buckaroo Brewery
A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. -- Dave Berry
-----------------------
Next Brew: Experimental Calif. Common to Pale Ale
Primary:
Secondary/Bright tank: Pineapple Cider

LeighK
Officer
Officer
Homebrewer

#4 Post by LeighK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:08 am

I'm in!
Leigh

beercritter
Officer
Officer
Craft Brewer

#5 Post by beercritter » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:03 pm

Yay! I’ll put something together soon of some things we’ve talked about and we can do some more brainstorming!
Jenalea Myers
Critter Brewing Co.

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer
Craft Brewer

#6 Post by ryanmetcalf » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Someone (wish I remembered who to give credit!) had the idea of doing a "2nd" shirt for this year that was a LBG 25th shirt and sell them early/soon for all year use, then have a separate Brewfest shirt further celebrating later on too!

Going to propose a 25th Anniv budget to get voted/approved at our upcoming meeting, looking at $300

MoreHopsPlease

#7 Post by MoreHopsPlease » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Ryan, I talked with you at the Red Lyon Hoppy Hour, suggesting an LBG 25th T-shirt toward the beginning of the year to go along with the other events the committee is planning. Another option would be to adapt this new T-shirt with a companion design for Brewfest later in the year.

I would also put in my 2 cents worth to use a heavier weight T-shirt like was used for the 2018 Brewfest T-shirt (Gildan Heavy Cotton). That or Gildan Ultra Cotton would last longer. It would even be worth a little extra in price.

Ron
Ron Spangler

beercritter
Officer
Officer
Craft Brewer

#8 Post by beercritter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Great idea, Ron! We'll be talking about it tonight!

Another update: Clint has agreed to help us with insight on events and ideas! He's a founding member of the LBG if you didn't know!
Jenalea Myers
Critter Brewing Co.

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer
Craft Brewer

#9 Post by ryanmetcalf » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:34 pm

One of my ideas would be to setup a photo booth at a couple of events this year! I've got the equipment/materials

Maybe at Holiday Party and either Brewfest or Maifest

ryanmetcalf
Officer
Officer
Craft Brewer

#10 Post by ryanmetcalf » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:50 pm

In case anyone wasn't around, forgot, or didn't know some of the 20th anniversary brewfest ideas, there's some great stuff here, don't want to necessarily copy everything verbatim, but also don't need to fully re-invent the wheel!

Some of my favorites
  • A display of LBG history - Could do 3 boards w/pictures and memories, and put them out at our events throughout the year: a 1995-2000 early years, 2001-2010, and 2011-2020 board! Would be great at Maifest, hung on a carport at Brewfest, and maybe even put up at the Holiday Party!
  • We've already touched on Dwight brew(s) (1 or more), "One of Dwight's beers on tap one all day long" and "Do a group brew day around 10 weeks before Brewfest to make a half barrel or so for Brewfest," but I really like the idea of doing a few team/group brews to make these happen
  • Specially with Chuck running into Dwight's Grandson at Learn to Homebrew day last fall, would be cool to touch base and see if anyone wanted to come to one (or more) of our events this year
  • Founding/Early members recognition at a couple events (Maifest? Brewfest?)
  • Special Firkin and tapping! Wonder if Tucker would be interested
https://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vi ... f=5&t=4292
Top ideas:
  • One of Dwight's beers on tap one all day long
  • Do a group brew day around 10 weeks before Brewfest to make a half barrel or so for Brewfest
  • I'll be posting the recipe I used for "Dwight's '86" here in a couple of minutes
  • A display of LBG history
  • Set up a display of LBG history and homebrew history: how has brewing changed in 20 years
  • Pre-sale on tee-shirts
  • Get tee shirts, but do a pre-sale, instead of ordering them and hope to sell them
  • A display of some of Dwight's artwork
  • A different glass for this year
  • Maybe print on both sides?
  • Maybe a different style?
  • Maybe a 10oz or 12oz glass
  • Make sure we have coozies available for whatever style of glass we use
Other ideas:
  • Do a mid-day announcement to point out 20 years
Does anyone (maybe Jensen?) know if Dwight's son is in the area? Or another close relative? If so, I think it'd be nice to offer a pair of complimentary tickets to his family and recognize them at Brewfest. (Jenalea)

What if the original members opened the first taps (took the first pouring shift) and the first flight was from original or semi original members. (Yoder)
Also, at the meeting, Lynette pitched the recipe book idea! Don't forget to compile your best recipe(s) to share and we'll get Dwights in there at the front!

johnpepin
Homebrewer

#11 Post by johnpepin » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Hello Ryan,

Please look to use this if your still taking armature images. My son worked this one up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmko_o ... sp=sharing

Thanks John