As Duane and Sara have stepped down in being our Parkville liason, we are currently in need of someone to step up and help coordinate our efforts to getting to Parkville this year. Please consider volunteering to help us spearhead this, post here, send me an email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), or whatever your preferred communication method
Some past threads you can view to get more information/background, and even copy/paste the sign up format if you'd like. We've got a lot of good historical information here on the forum
2019 Parkville sign up thread
2019 Parkville discussion
2018 Parkville sign up thread
2017 Parkville sign up thread
2016 Parkville sign up thread
2015 Parkville sign up thread
2015 Parkville discussion
2014 Parkville sign up thread
2014 Parkville discussion
Basic information on the role, it's not too daunting, but I will be unable to attend this year (event conflict), otherwise I'd probably take point!
- Contact Warren Crouse/Parkville Mainstreet Association and sign LBG up
- Post/manage sign up of LBG members
- Coordinate with treasurer to provide event management our insurance certficate
- Coordinate/email answering any questions Warren might have (beer names, etc)
- Bring the club banner, coordinate someone bringing jockey boxes, etc
- Distribute wrist bands to LBG members participating (Day of Event)
- Tear down event w/LBG volunteer assistance (Day of Event)
Information we've received so far:
As far as "what to bring", we traditionally take 9 keg volunteers, and then ~3 set up/tear down volunteerFestival Details at a glance:
- Saturday, April 25, 2020, 1-5 PM
- Parkville, MO in English Landing Park along the Missouri River
- Fundraiser for the Main Street Parkville Association, a non-profit 501 c3 organization
- Last year the event drew over 2,400 attendees
- Live music is scheduled to perform on multiple stages
- Food will be available for purchase
What to bring and Beer reimbursement details:
- Provide two different kinds of beer and enough beer to pour for 4 hours. Typically this is around 2-3 kegs (half barrels). Cans, bottles, or firkins can be substituted for kegs in comparable quantities.
- We will reimburse $200 for the beer you pour during the 4 hour event.
- You can bring more if you desire but we can only offer up to $200 total reimbursement.
- Each brewery receives 6 complimentary passes, including glassware.
- Staffing for your booth
- A dispensing system
- Signage or banners for your tent
The event organizers will provide:
- A four foot by eight foot table
- ICE, ICE, and more ICE
- A 10 by 10 foot tent per brewer to ensure the event happens rain or shine.
We're 1 month out now from having to notify them of our commitment
If you wanna see some photos from previous yearsTo confirm your attendance, please contact Warren Crouse by February 14th
Selected photos from 2019 on our website
Some photos from 2018!
Parkville Photos from 2017